Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lnsrob Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2006, 05:23 PM
    Canine ear hematoma
    My 11 year old chocolate Labrador developed an ear hematoma in her left ear. She previously had the same problem in her right ear and at that time we had it drained and stitched closed in what I can best describe as a quilted pattern with many stitches. This time we had it drained and immobilized for four days. After removing the bandaging, some of the blood returned, but it does not seem to bother her. Is this something that can be tolerated without danger, or is it something that needs to be surgically attended to? Although we will do anything necessary, it is an expensive procedure that we would like to avoid if possible.
    jaycee Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Feb 12, 2006, 10:20 PM
    Try applying a thick layer of vitamin E. 4,000 strength if you can find it. It has cured cases of melanoma so it should help for hematomas too. Sometimes the beauty aids section of health food stores carry the 4,000 IU ( nothing else added). If you can't get it at that strength then the 800 IU is the next choice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Canine Arthritis [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 13 yr old miniature beagle that, lately , has been suffering from arthritis. I was wondering if anyone knows any treatments that I can provide for her myself. I am aware of some of the medicinal treatments.

Canine Cavities [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 5 month old Golden Retriever puppy.. and when he was teething during the last two months... some of his teeth we not loose enough to fall out on their own very easily... but eventually they fell out. One tooth in particular ( one of the upper canines ) did not fall out until it was almost...

View more questions Search