Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    4mrcadet Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Apr 9, 2008, 08:19 AM
    Haunted by memory of former girlfriend
    I have a woman that is recurrently on my mind, sometimes to the point of being the only thing that I can think of. I have not seen her in about 28 years. I broke off our high school relationship, possibly in error, since we were starting classes at different colleges. I have felt terrible about this and from time to time the feelings of guilt and remorse are almost unbearable. I believe that if I could just talk to her for a few minutes and apologize for the way that I treated her when we broke up it might help me deal with this issue. I wrote her a letter (we lived some distance apart) and told her that it would be best if we did not see each other anymore. I then did not respond to her letters, phone calls, etc. Poor way to deal with it but I was only 18 at the time and I was not ready for the love and friendship that she had to offer.

I have located her but have not contacted her. I am asking for advice as to whether to proceed with this. I just need to be able to put an end to these feelings that I am having.
    My date/place of birth is November 7, 1960 West Plains, MO. She was born in March of 1961 and currently lives in Farmington, MO.

All assistance is appreciated. Thanks!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 9, 2008, 09:13 AM
    I suggest you contact her and get it over and done with. In other words receive closure.
    tiggerella Posts: 184, Reputation: 13

Apr 13, 2008, 02:56 PM
    I came in to ask my own question, then saw yours, and the similarity startled me for a moment.

You see, I belong to another web site where an old college friend contacted me out of the blue a couple of weeks ago. I hadn't seen him in 28 years - and I won't get into the details of the parting, but suffice to say, it was similar to your circumstance in that there was a mutual attraction, but he chose to tell me goodbye. As we've been emailing back and forth, we've found more and more instances over the past several years where, if we had made a slightly different choice than the one we went with, we may have been back in contact WELL before now - and he was thinking of me as much as I was thinking of him, with great fondness.

So by all means, yes, contact her. Be honest with your feelings about her. At the worst, she'll tell you that you broke your heart and she'll never forgive you. At the best, you may find a friendship re-forged, as I have found..

Best of luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Haunted by ex? [ 7 Answers ]

OK so towards the beginning of the year I broke up with my fiancée, we'd been together 4 years, a couple of months later in July he unfortunately passed away in a motorcycle accident. The night it happened, I was out for a quiet drink with a friend, who didn't know and had never met my ex, for some...

Haunted by an Ex. [ 8 Answers ]

We dated for 6 almost 7 months and we were very happily in love. We broke up and got back together 3 times.. which on my part, I see now, was my mistake for taking him back 3 times. You do break up for a reason after all.. but you know how it is.. Break-ups are very hard, especially when you...

MY Ex Girlfriend is Pregnant, But I'm In love With mY new Girlfriend. [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, to whom it may concern my name is sam. I am 21 years old and I just don't get it. I had been with my ex for 2 odd some reasons, and then I broke up with her. I found out that she found someone right away. I felt happy inside for her at that time. Finally I found the love of my live who loves...

Haunted or not [ 2 Answers ]

I think my house is haunted somebody please give me tips on how to tell if it's a good spirit or not because I am really freaked out because I feel something behind me and its scary.:eek:

Referenced Memory Error - Memory cannot be read. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Windows 2003 Server with 2GB Ram. I get an error saying Application error- Explorer.exe giving referenced memory error at 0x00e113f0 - the memory caanot be read. I have removed the memory and swapped with other server's memory but still get the same problem. Could it be a virus?...

View more questions Search