Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jkh Posts: 27, Reputation: 6

Apr 8, 2008, 10:38 PM
    About to get married and going crazy
    I am about to get married, at the end of may, I am 27 he is 34. We have both been married before. He has been divorced 6 years and I have been 4 years. I have a five year old daughter from my first marriage.

I love him to death as does my daughter, and we are usually very happy besides the stress of wedding planning. We have moved in together, that was about 4 months ago and we did it for convience and money reasons. Here latley we have been arguing non-stop. He thinks I'm immature and not responsible with money. I think he is just the same, for the most part. He is messy, I am neat. Obvioulsy these are things you learn when you live together, but...

He knows how to push my buttons and does so on an almost daily basis now. He drives me close to stark raving mad. If I try to talk to him or him to me it winds up as a battle, and one of us will leave to avoid it.

I am starting to wonder if we should get married. I have never had someone make me soooo mad. What do I do? Hope it is wedding stress and it goes away. I know I can not live with the arguing, but if I try to address this it just blows up.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 8, 2008, 10:53 PM
    Have you considered some pre-marital counseling? Sure every couple has their disagreements and ups and downs, but have you discussed the reasons for both of your divorces at length?

You don't have too much time left before the wedding, so I think you should sit down with a third party and talk out your issues with one another before you get to the alter! Money issue can become a big deal, and they are best settled ahead of time so you both know what is expected of you. Household chores, and how they are going to be handled need to be discussed, as well as respect issues.

You don't want another failed marriage, and you owe it to yourselves and your daughter to do everything you can to make sure you are well prepared for this.
    2008chrissy Posts: 131, Reputation: 18

Apr 8, 2008, 10:59 PM
    Relationships are not roses and candy all the time, especially when the relationship is subjected to the stressors you are speaking of. Moving in together and planning a wedding are 2 large life changes that are putting stress on both of you.

I think everyone gets the proverbial "cold feet" before getting married. Having serious doubts and introspections like you are having, and not being able to communicate openly with your loved one without fear of him "blowing up" and getting angry may be a sign to postpone the wedding. At least until things settle down and you two learn to live together and communicate better together as a couple. Marriage these days isn't forever - but it should be. You wouldn't be calling off the wedding, just postponing it. :) Best of luck.
    jkh Posts: 27, Reputation: 6

Apr 8, 2008, 11:21 PM
    We have discussed our divorces, his exwife cheated and my exhusband wasn't ready for the life change of having a baby,( she was the best unexpected thing to happen!) my fiancé and I have already made plans for him adopting her. Her father is not around and has not been since our divorce, and that is such a significant thing to me.

Thank you so much for your answers, it helps to just hear someone else give positive feedback. You are very correct we have never sat down and discussed money and household chores and it is something we will do. We sort of rushed, I don't want to live together and not be married. Nothing wrong with that, but I guess I'm old fashioned. For the most part we are both level headed individuals. I want this marrige to last forever. Again thanks for the answers!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I file Married jointly or married separated [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know, that can I file jointly with my wife or married but separated. She is a Canadian citizen and she does not have a U.S. (SSN). She visits me Every 2 months and if I round up all her visits she has stayed with me More than 6 months, so can I claim her by applying for ITIN...

I'm married and constantly thinking about a married man [ 6 Answers ]

I have a wonderful husband whom love love to bits. For the past year he's been working long hours and therefore we spend little time together. I would not normally be attracted to any other man, but find myself thinking about one particular guy 24/7. He's extremely attractive. We've never...

I cannot answer this one for certain. (married/previously married folks may help) [ 3 Answers ]

My old college roommate asked me to weigh in on his girlfriend's angst. His girlfriends ex-husband remarried and he says she's been a bit "off" since for weeks. I said it was normal since she has kids with her Ex and now they have a new family for her to deal with etc... Anyway, he thinks...

I'm crazy about a married man... [ 11 Answers ]

Is there something wrong with me? I mean, h'es young.. around my age... His eyes, his hair, his smile, his laugh, his everything gives me butterflies... All I have to do is look at him... Am I tramp for liking a married man? I can't help who I like... Can I?:confused:

View more questions Search