Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    barkoluck Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2008, 09:39 PM
    Connection laptop to lcd TV
    I have Compaq Presario laptop. I also Have Samsung LNT 4065F LCD TV. I"d like to connect my lap top to TV. What kind of cable should I use for the best connection?
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Apr 10, 2008, 11:12 AM
    Usually there aren't too many cost-effective options. Many laptops have a VGA output, some have S-video, and some have that weird white connecter I can never remember. Most have VGA though.

If your TV has a VGA input (on the laptop, it's probably blue... no clue what color on the TV, but it would be the same shape), you can use a standard VGA cable. I picked one up for my TV for about $20 at a local shop.

If you don't have VGA on the TV, check to see if they both have S-Video. It's round and looks a lot like the old PS/2 ports used for mice and keyboards before most of them were USB.

If there aren't any matching ports, just look for an adapter from whatever is on the laptop, to something that will go into your TV.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Panasonic laptop internet connection [ 2 Answers ]

I have a panasonic laptop I have had it for a few years never used it that much.. never had the internet on it... but my question is can I get the internet on my (panasonic) laptop from my (home) computer? Is there any way I could do this? If you could get bak to me asap that would be awesomeee...

Connecting my laptop to the internet using my desktop connection [ 3 Answers ]

Hello young folks, Here is my problem. I have a desktop computer with WIN ME just got broadban internet. Can I use my new laptop WIN Vista to connect to the internet using my desktop connection? I was told something about a router?

Second laptop connection [ 1 Answers ]

Hi How do I connect a second laptop to my linksys router I have desktop and 1 laptop already connected but please tell me if I can hook up another laptop to it.I also have a dsl modem. Thank you tip0057

Laptop Modem Connection [ 3 Answers ]

Is it possible to connect a laptop to a cable modem through a desktop CPU to avoid running another separate network cable from the modem itself ? I want to be able to go online and use the laptop as a second monitor without running another cable.Any info you could give me will be greatly...

View more questions Search