Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jason8676 Posts: 102, Reputation: 8

May 8, 2008, 06:43 PM
    shellyjo68,
    I'm not ticked off by your post, at least you don't pull any punches. As far as that ring goes, what has been done has been done. I sent it back in March, and when she took a month to thank me, via several text messages and from what others have said on here, I knew she was more than likely involved with somebody else. As I said, her sending text messages only gave me the mixed message that she had not completely moved on and things were still in limbo. This led me to believe that I could salvage the relationship with her if we could just start talking again. We have broken up before, but this time is out of the norm. I'm still hearing from her, whereas in the past it was strict NC. I have been trying to stay NC with her but yet she persists with the messages. Since I sent the gift, I have respected her and left her alone. She, on the other hand, has not left me alone in sending jibberish text messages. Calling her is out of the question-these messages I'm getting from her is not a riddle-she's either in or she's out. So far, I can determine neither so it's not worth my time to call her, especially if she's with somebody else. I'm not sending another text message to her either if she continues to send me nothing but crap. Neither of us is blameless in this-I should have been more attentive and devoted to her instead of taking her for granted and using work as an excuse for not taking her out more. I'll surely not make the same mistake in my next relationship. Anyway, take care. Jason
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

May 8, 2008, 06:48 PM
    So lets move on here...

What, in your mind, failed... you just stated that it was your fault... you neglected her with work as an excuse?

Time to deal with what went right and wrong. What's your take?
    Jason8676 Posts: 102, Reputation: 8

May 8, 2008, 09:05 PM
    kp2171,
    I think I was at fault for not calling her more and not taking her out more during the time I had when I was off from work. I work at night, so you can imagine that I am tired during the day. As far as calling her goes, she told me how she wished that I would do that more often. She works(as far as I know) during the day so she was only able to see me twice a week. She also told me how she wished that I would visit her at work. But, it's too late now. She, on other hand, should have been more informative when she just decided to ditch the relationship. I mean, when couples split up, they usually have that "we need to talk" conversation followed by a split, and then returning each other's stuff(if any). If I left her, I would at least have the decency to tell her things are not working and give her closure. She just decided back in September to stop calling and visiting. It was then that she may have started seeing someone else. We started talking again after Thanksgiving but I was suspicious of her actions and went NC again. I was even more suspicious when she tried giving me my Christmas present like 3 weeks after the fact. I took back her presents when I went NC also and she later said that was rude of me. I think she either went back to the other guy or started seeing somebody new when I didn't do anything for her for Valentine's Day. So this is where my original post picks up about the gift that I sent in March. Since then, it has been nothing but crappy texts, going NC, getting another crappy text when I think I am over her, etc. And she still persists. I feel just like that song by Phil Collins called "I Don't Care Anymore". I have tried apologizing and I've tried to be clear with her as to what I want, but to no avail. I think the frustration is making it easier to move on. There comes a point when you can't do anymore and you just have to leave it up to God. If she's the one, things will have a way of working out. If not, then there's somebody else. Take Care, Jason

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why did he have to be so rude? [ 14 Answers ]

Why did my ex have to be such a jerk? I sent him an email this morning... people told me not to do it, but I am weak I guess... told him I was working on being less passive-aggressive, could he send me my stuff from the house, wished things could have worked out but if he has moved on nothing...

Is it rude, or is it just me? [ 21 Answers ]

A friend was visiting from out of town. One of her friends decided we should meet to drinks and wings at a local establishment. I was given the time of 8:00 pm. When I showed up at eight. There were 5 people there finishing their dinner. I asked if I had the time wrong? Apparently they...

I don't mean to be rude, or mean. [ 17 Answers ]

But okay so this guy I am talking to He is 5'6" And he says he weighs 160 pounds. Is that fat/overweight for a 16 yr old? And I want to know if I am being mean. I just want to know. Anyone? :o

Rude In Laws [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I feel I have been treated disrespectfully in my own home with no defense. I know if I let this go it will happen again. I was thinking of setting up some "house rules"... Can anyone help? Do I need to be more specific?

How rude! [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, so the girl I have been "hanging out with" has been obviously avoiding me for the past 3 weeks... cool. She has been saying "I have just been really busy, sorry"... no biggie. I go to a show tonight and have to stop in a bar to use the ATM and who do I see there?. HER. I was kind of shocked in...

View more questions Search