Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BeAMole Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2008, 02:35 PM
    Should I get my nose done.
    Okay, there is this absolutely beautiful girl on my campus... we have the same facial structure... everything... skin tone you name it. The only thing that is making me so ugly an her so beautiful is my nose. I am getting my nose done that is similar to hers. At least I think I am.

I do not know what is behind my need for this or what, but I am going to do it. I need some advice though. Should I or shouldn't I? Please be helpful not mean about this. I am really needing some help.

Thanks everyone in advance.
    flameruckus Posts: 93, Reputation: 2

Apr 8, 2008, 03:29 PM
    Go for it. However, You have to wear an ugly bandage over your new nose for a while after it is done, and it hurts, and it may come out heinously uglier. But the last one isn't that common. But hell, Ashlee Simpson looks 2323232x better than she used to. I would think it over still, like you are already doing.
    2008chrissy Posts: 131, Reputation: 18

Apr 8, 2008, 10:45 PM
    I'd first like to ask how old you are. I'd assume 18 - 23 since you stated "on campus".

Not being happy with one's appearance can be a difficult thing. Especially when we are younger there is pressure to "look" a certain way, act a certain way, and have certain things. Even as adults this pressure still haunts us.

Rhinoplasty is one of the most painful plastic surgeries and you need to make sure the surgeon is the best of the best. Some people are hardly recognizable after their rhinoplasties since noses are really the center focus of our faces. You may look in the mirror and not recognize your own image looking back.

Wanting to get the surgery because of severe nasal problems such as a deviated septum, several broken noses from past injuries, or disformities is understandable. Comparing your looks to someone else and feeling so strongly about it to actually have surgery is a more of an emotional reason. Make sure to really think and research before making a huge decision like you are speaking of. I'm sure you are beautiful the way God made you.
    BeAMole Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2008, 11:54 AM
    I am 21 years old, and it seems that I am just not a pretty girl on campus. There are so many pretty girls. I don't know what it is the water or something. Actually, a guy friend of mine said it himself. He was like this school has so many beautiful women.

I have never been hit on by a guy at my school, and this is the end of my junior year. The most I have gotten are stares, and those were only on my good days.

Bad genes= Miserable life or I could do something about it and get my nose job...
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Apr 9, 2008, 12:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BeAMole
    I am 21 years old, and it seems that I am just not a pretty girl on campus. There are so many pretty girls. I dont know what it is the water or something. Actually, a guy friend of mine said it him self. He was like this school has so many beautiful women.

I have never been hit on by a guy at my school, and this is the end of my junior year. The most I have gotten are stares, and those were only on my good days.

Bad genes= Miserable life or I could do something about it and get my nose job....
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder..."

Don't know who said it, but I'm saying it to you. Sweetie, no one is perfect. Maybe you should look into getting a "self-esteem" job, instead of a nose job.
    A lot of men nowadays find confidence much more sexier than a nose. ;)
    svatnsdal Posts: 183, Reputation: 20
    -

Apr 9, 2008, 12:57 PM
    You sound like you just want to look like your friend. You are you, you are not her. The way you see your friend, is not the way everyone else sees her!
    I would say no to getting your nose done. Beauty is on the inside, not outside. Just stay you!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2008, 05:36 PM
    If you have such a horrible nose then change it, but don't change it so drastically that no one will recognize you. I had a friend years ago who had a big honker (in her genes). She got a nose job and got a nose to fit her face and looked great afterward. Her personality changed dramatically from a funny girl to an even funnier more likeable girl. (actually she was 24 at the time). It seemed to do wonders for her and her personality to look the way she thought she should look in the mirror. If you can afford it, go for it. After all, it's your nose and you're going to be looking at it for many years to come. It's also like the women who want breast augmentation done. They know the risks and they still want the procedure done. I do know that once it's done there is no going back so be sure you have a very good surgeon and follow his post surgery orders to the letter. Good luck with your new nose.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 9, 2008, 06:45 PM
    No, you will always find someone else with this a little better or that alitle better, it will be a lift here, a tuck there and you will be hooked on it. And be one of those with 20 little things fixed before long.

First most likely if you knew her well this "most beautiful" girl most likely thinks she has some faults also, and may well think she should get her bust or her ear or something to look like yours.

There is beauty in all people and if you start trying to make it "perfect" with surgary, you will soon never find happiness
    2008chrissy Posts: 131, Reputation: 18

Apr 10, 2008, 02:50 AM
    You say you are not a "pretty girl on campus." Your life may revolve around the campus and what the campus thinks right now, but this is just a glimmer of your life. In a couple years will it be I am not the "pretty girl at work." Do you understand what we are all saying? I think EVERYONE has felt like you are feeling at one time, but don't surgically change who you are on the outside in order to achieve a status defined by others. Define yourself. Define yourself by who YOU are as a person, as a friend, as a parent one day.
    Linnea7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2009, 09:34 AM

Dear BeAMole,

I sure understand where you're coming from. Yes, it would be great if we all had sterling self esteem that could weather the fact that the pretty girls (and boys) get most of the attention. And to say that beauty is within is both completely true and rarely ever acted on. That is, people respond to beauty whether they say they do or not. Look at how cute puppies are treated?

You've been trained by this culture to value yourself according to your appearance and that is not quickly or easily overcome.

Having said that, I'd suggest a nose huggie instead of a nose job, which is, as has been said here, painful and prohibitively expensive. You can get a nose huggie at nosehuggie.com -- about $18. And it works -- just takes patience as it will not be over night. Up to a month at least.

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nose job [ 6 Answers ]

I've done a nose job on Jan 8th/2007 and until now the tip feels numb, I was wondering how long it will take until it feels natural, and does the numb feeling means that my nose still in the healing prosses. How long it really takes after the surgery and my nose it will take it's final shape

Nose [ 5 Answers ]

Really dislke my nose, its broken so I really dislike the shape more than the size. I was wondering what can help with this make up wise? And what make up would you recommend , how many shades darker and what brushes?

Red Nose! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, can anyone tell me how best to get rid of a red nose? My nose is not inflamed or swollen but has become increasingly red/dark red. I have not been in the sun or extreme cold. Grateful for any help!! :( Thanks.

Runny nose [ 1 Answers ]

I get a runny nose when I eat

View more questions Search