Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chevy666 Posts: 127, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2008, 02:17 PM
    Suicidal Bf
    K so Im 15 and so is my boyfriend Trevor but he is also bipolar which can be really hard at time because he has these moments where he literally wants to kill himself and we go over it and over it like daily but he still has these moments and I have no clue how to handle them?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2008, 04:40 PM
    All you can do is be supportive and encouraging.
    Is he taking antidepressants? If he is he might need to get a re-evaluation for different dosage or different anti depressant.

Apr 8, 2008, 04:48 PM
    No he doesn't take any medication :( mainly do for the fact he refuses to so I don't know
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2008, 04:59 PM
    These two books might help him out.
    Brain Allergies by Philpott
    And
    The Crazymakers by Carol Simontacchi

Apr 8, 2008, 05:02 PM
    OK thank u
    abi123 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Apr 10, 2008, 03:14 AM
    Has he talked too anyone apart from you about this?

Has he done anything too kill himself or is it just thoughts?

Maby he needs too talk to some one older that can help!
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2008, 03:34 AM
    Has he been diagnosed bipolar?

If so you should tell him taking his medication/ seeing a therapist is for the best.
    If he had type 1 diabetes he wouldn't not take his insulin because it was annoying.
    If he had a bacterial infection he wouldn't not take his antibiotics because they upset his stomach.

Yes a lot of medicines have side effects and inconveniences but sometimes this is better than the disease.

You probably know this already but I wanted to help you explain it to him :)

If he hasn't been diagnosed he should see a doctor.

Remember look after yourself first :)

Apr 10, 2008, 03:44 PM
    Thank you for helping me out I appreciate all your advice thanks :)
    lovely24 Posts: 12, Reputation: 0

Apr 26, 2008, 07:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy666
    K so Im 15 and so is my bf Trevor but he is also bipolar which can be really hard at time because he has these moments where he literally wants to kill himself and we go over it n over it like daily but he still has these moments and I have no clue how to handle them?
    U shouldn't have to handle it hun you are only 15 u have your hole life to look up to... u need to tell him if he don't go and get help you are gone and not comein back you have to show him you love him enough to let him go love isn't always healthy love and if you really do care about him then he needs to not think about his self and to think about you first show him what he has and what he might not if he don't go and find help...
    MasuBhat Posts: 128, Reputation: 3

Apr 26, 2008, 09:31 PM
    Do you know why is he trying to do these things?, wat's behind the cupboard?
    The reasons why he want's to do those..?

Does he even know that you exgist?. how did you gys even endedup togeather?. if he's this sucidal type??
    KalFour Posts: 332, Reputation: 46

Apr 26, 2008, 10:19 PM
    Hi Chevy,
    You're very young to be in this kind of situation. And very brave to be standing by him.
    Is he seeing any kind of therapist/counselor or similar? It's always awkward at first, but worthwhile. You could offer to go with him, and find out more about methods of coping and helping him. And maybe help to encourage him to take medications.
    I have a bipolar friend who takes meds, but not always. Sometimes he needs to be pushed very hard to take them. When he's manic he thinks he doesn't need them, and when he's depressed he feels that he doesn't deserve them. But by keeping them up, he improves a lot. If he's seriously suicidal, he probably needs them. Best to encourage him to at least look into this option.
    How long do his depressive phases go for? And how often do they occur?

Take care,
    Kal

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Suicidal ? [ 19 Answers ]

Just yesterday a 21 year old young man jumped off a building and died in my community. I remember when I was in Middle or even High school, suicides were rare and it used to shock us to hear about such an incident. Recently I have noticed that the statistics of suicides seems to be on the...

Suicidal lover [ 7 Answers ]

Lately I'm bothered that I'm entertaining courtship from a guy (my officemate) that I don't really see having a long-term relationship with. I learned from our common friend that this guy has a bitter past, does not believe in God (because his life's a tragedy), and have tried committing suicide...

Suicidal thoughts [ 13 Answers ]

I have been thinking about suicide, what can do to help myself?

HELP! Suicidal! [ 12 Answers ]

My boyfriend has recently gone off to uni, I'm stuck here without him. Recently he cheated on me and I don't no what to do I love him and I want to be with him, but he thinks its best to break up as he wants to experience other girlfriends. I was his first love and he was mine. Neither of us have...

View more questions Search