Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessy0428 Posts: 99, Reputation: 2

Apr 8, 2008, 12:19 PM
    Another baby!
    My husband and I want to have another baby so bad. We started trying in February. I didn't have a period in Feb. or March so I was sure I was pregnant and so excited.My last period was Jan.31st. My periods are always normal.So come to find out not pregnant. But I do have a cyst on my ovaries so the doctor put me on because she said it would make my period start.Well I have been on it for 2 weeks and still no period not even any signs of it. I have had a lot of hot flashes and sweats and dizziness since I started taking them . I am taking Orthro-tri cyclen lo(SP)I don't know how long it should take for me to start the doctor said to start taking it that day and I would get my period soon. I don't know what to do. Should I call the doctor or just and see if my period starts? Are those symptoms normal with those because pills?I am just confused and disappointed:( ,we can't start trying again until I get a period and we really want to try. Any suggestions or anyone going or went through this please let me know.Thank you so much!
    2008chrissy Posts: 131, Reputation: 18

Apr 8, 2008, 11:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jessy0428
    Well I have been on it for 2 weeks and still no period not even any signs of it. I have had a lot of hot flashes and sweats and dizziness since I started taking them . I am taking Orthro-tri cyclen lo(SP)I dont know how long it should take for me to start the doctor said to start taking it that day and I would get my period soon.
    Did you explain to the doctor that you and your husband are trying to conceive? Did the doctor talk to you and explain how to take the birth control pills? You will take the first three weeks of pills (the colored pills) then you will take the white pills during the 4th week. During the fourth week you should have your period.

Women can have all kinds of weird symptoms when first starting birth control, but yours are a little less common. They could be from the BC or they could be from your cysts. In which case I would contact the doctor as soon as possible, especially if you start having severe abdominal pain or vomitting. You can never be too safe.

The doctor will probably want you to remain on the birth control and then examine you in a couple months to see if the cysts have grown larger, etc. In that case, you'll need to wait to get pregnant until you are off the birth control. Taking birth control while pregnant can harm the fetus.
    jessy0428 Posts: 99, Reputation: 2

Apr 9, 2008, 06:59 AM
    She knows we are trying to conceive.She did not tell me about the because when I should start my period or anything. I was on the same because when I got pregnant with my little girl 3 yrs ago but I don't remember any of those symptoms. I started having a sharp shooting pain in my stomach yesterday and when it happens I can't even move. She told me she wanted me on the pill for 3 months. I took because for 6 months of my first pregnancy because I did not know I was pregnant. I am just so frustrated. But thank you so much for letting me know about the pills and responding to my question. It is greatly appreciated.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Apr 9, 2008, 09:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 2008chrissy
    Did you explain to the doctor that you and your husband are trying to conceive? Did the doctor talk to you and explain how to take the birth control pills? You will take the first three weeks of pills (the colored pills) then you will take the white pills during the 4th week. During the fourth week you should have your period.

Women can have all kinds of weird symptoms when first starting birth control, but yours are a little less common. They could be from the BC or they could be from your cysts. In which case I would contact the doctor as soon as possible, especially if you start having severe abdominal pain or vomitting. You can never be too safe.

The doctor will probably want you to remain on the birth control and then examine you in a couple months to see if the cysts have grown larger, etc. In that case, you'll need to wait to get pregnant until you are off the birth control. Taking birth control while pregnant can harm the fetus.
    I couldn't have said this better myself. Great information and accurate!

(Sorry, hun I've got to spread the rep)
    2008chrissy Posts: 131, Reputation: 18

Apr 9, 2008, 10:31 AM
    Thanks LearningAs IGo. Appreciate it.

Jessy - those sharp shooting pains you are having shouldn't be due to the birth control (unless you're trying to ovulate or have really bad gas pains). Honestly, I would call the doctor and express concern.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

BABY DADDY Fighting for Parental Rights and baby live part-time with his wife / kids [ 16 Answers ]

I have been in an extra-marital relationship for six months with a man who was "leaving" his wife. He told me repeatedly that they were living as roommates and he was moving out soon. Once this went on for some time, I decided I was worth more and broke up with him. I found out a few days later...

I'm having a baby and my dog already thinks she's my baby! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I'm new to this board and I just wanted to ask a questions. I have two dogs. An 8 month old St. Bernard female named Moose and a 1 & 1/2 yeard old Samyoed male name Buckie. I just recently found out I was pregnant and have started to get really worried. Buckie is VERY attached to Moose but...

Baby strange illness. Whole body of baby get harden [ 9 Answers ]

My brother's baby boy 4 months old got a strange illness. He had blood tested, brain scanning, lung checking etc. Everything is normal. But the baby boy got an unpreditable "body harden" illness. That is when it happens, the whole body of the baby get stiff and he can not move, can not cry... We...

Lose of 1 baby boy & 2 baby girls [ 4 Answers ]

I have meet a lady on myspace and she has lost 3 kids a little boy and a set of twin girls the boy was about 2 years ago he only lived a couple of hours and the twins one lived 3 days and the other only an hour. What can I do to help her through this time? I just feel so sorry for her. Two years...

View more questions Search