Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BOBtBUILDER Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2008, 12:06 PM
    Diy platform bed
    I'm planning on building my own platform bed. I've done extensive research but could not find the answer to my question. Is it better to build the platform with a soild top (i.e. plywood) vs a plank type top. This is the top where the mattress would sit on. Please give me your opinions and the reasons. TIA
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 8, 2008, 12:27 PM
    Unless the plywood is supported well at regular intervals it will start to sag down, so is not a good choice. I would suggest pressboard as it is stronger and will withstand the weight of the mattress and a body for quite a while without sagging.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to Setup PC to receive files from different Platform [ 4 Answers ]

I have been stuck with this problem for a while, I want to setup this PC to receive files from a different system/Platform from the network. Do I need to install FTP client? And how should I set it up?

Shower unit fitted with platform underneath [ 1 Answers ]

Is it advisable to have a shower unit fitted with a platform underneath so that if there were a leak it could be got to easily. I would be very grateful for anyone's views as to how important a platform would be. Pam

Move toilet 3 feet over concrete slab, building platform [ 6 Answers ]

I know there have been many other posts about moving toilets, which have been quite helpful, but I'm posting this to get additional info for my particular project. The renovation is for a 60"x90" bathroom that currently has an unnecessarily large vanity and the toilet as a focal point. See...

Platform for garden tub on Slab Foundation ? [ 5 Answers ]

I just purchased a slab foundation home with a shower-only stall in the master bath. I want to replace the shower with a garden tub without jackhammering up the slab. The layout is such I cannot expand to the sides to allow the tub to be placed in the current location of the shower. (Side wall...

View more questions Search