Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tammy towles Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2008, 11:29 AM
    I know she's pregnant, what can I do?
    To whom it my concern, my daughter sher'lyn is going through some things and I think she could be pregnant,but she is having a period and a light one every month she has morning sickness, headaches,back pain, she pees a lot more now,um she craves food she has never ate before in her life.breast are sore,her and her boy friend sleep all the time she eats a lot more , and she lost weight, her belly is forming, but she don't think she is pregnant because,she is still having a period sherlyn lost a baby a about 3 months ago because she didn't no she was pregnant she took 3 or4 pregnant test and had a blood test done by her doctor but the test didn't take because she has low iron or low blood.and also my mom when she was pregnant with me she had a period for 8 months what do I do signed tammy t
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2008, 02:36 AM
    Unless you can convince her to get a blood test done, you will have to wait until it becomes more obvious to her for her to accept the possibility. Although, for most, a absent period is one of the first "symptoms", some women do have some bleeding, at times it may resemble a period, during pregnancy... so relying on a missed period may not always be accurate in determining whether you are pregnant or not.
    Maybe try to perusade her with the notion that she needs to know for sure one way or another because if she is, she certainly would want to be having the care and taking the precautions necessary to insure a healthy pregnancy and baby.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Apr 9, 2008, 09:19 AM
    Buy her some prenatal vitamins and INSIST that she take them if she wants to accept she could be pregnant or not. If she's not, they won't hurt her but if she IS that baby will need the vitamins to help them both stay healthy.

Its actually wise for any woman of child-bearing years to take prenatals in case they become pregnant at any point.

Good luck to you
    DiscreetUser Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Apr 9, 2008, 03:46 PM
    If her tummy is forming then I suggest you have her seen by an OBGYN and get her an ultrasound. If the baby is there, even with negative blood test, it should show something on the ultrasound results. And like others suggested, girls/women of child bearing age can anyway take the prenatal vitamins. Have her get onto some of those (at least iron and folic acid), and Calcium and tell her to refrain from smoking or alcohol i.e. is she does that at all. I was myself very low on my iron and my doctor advised me to not get pregnant for over 6 months. But I have a wonderful iron (and folic acid) supplement that I am taking which has worked wonders for me and right now I am in the middle of a very healthy pregnancy! Contact me directly if you need to get hold of that iron-folic supplement.
    super mom Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Apr 16, 2008, 07:25 AM
    When I was reading your question I noticed you said her test were a false negative because she is low on iron?! Is this really true or did I take it wrong. Please let me know. You have me a tad worried. Lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

She's Here [ 15 Answers ]

Just wanted to give everyone an update Hanna was born Monday at 5:57 and weighed 6 lbs 4 oz we're both doing great. Thanks to everyone who had helped answer ALL my silly questions.

She's pregnant and not speaking to me [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have been together for 3 months. She is a wonderful, smart, and good hearted. We hit it off wonderfully. We go together so well. Everything was great! I have never met a woman like her. I was about to move in with her when we found out she was pregnant . The news of her...

Husband cheated now she's pregnant [ 6 Answers ]

I've seen a few questions about this but I think mine differs some. My husband and I are perfect for each other we never fight, are happy, enjoy the same thing and are best friends. We have a healthy sexual relationship and ended up having a 3some with a friend. It happened a few times then...

What if she's pregnant and tries to leave the state [ 6 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I are having a baby... Q: Is there a way I can stop her from the leaving the state (California) with my child Which will make it very difficult for me to visit my child if her an I are not going to Work out? If so how do I go about it? Thank you for any...

She's pregnant and I'm a sucker! [ 12 Answers ]

First the main issue and then a little bit of background. My ex-girlfriend, whom I haven't seen in over 10 weeks and presumed that I was never going to see again (which would have been fine by me), out of the blue shows up on my doorstep yesterday and informs me that "she's 17 weeks pregnant with...

View more questions Search