Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eric34 Posts: 56, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2008, 09:43 AM
    Trimming the front of my house
    I am going to put Hardiboard on the back and the sides of my house, and putting cedar Shakes on the front. I am having a little bit of trouble on the way I should trim it. I am using smart board for all the corners but I don't think I should put smartboard on the front for the shakes. If I don't then you will see the edge of the shakes from the side. Need some advise on looks. I hope I have described it good enough.
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Apr 8, 2008, 10:26 AM
    You should trim just the front just as you did on the back and sides, then you can put the cedar on in the front instead of the fiber cement and the trim will match all the way around. The trim should all be the same color so using the smartboard everywhere should be fine.
    eric34 Posts: 56, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2008, 10:30 AM
    I was just thinking that seeing the smartboard beside the cedar would look funny.
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Apr 8, 2008, 10:50 AM
    I don't think it will at all, once painted it will look the same all the way around. We do this on houses all the time, the siding may change but the trim stays consistent.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trimming Doors [ 4 Answers ]

Need to trim 1/2" for new carpet. Doors are yellow pine from 1903 and very hard. Do I want to use a blade with very fine teeth to minimise chipping and splitting?

Trimming Stairs [ 1 Answers ]

Everything I read on trimming a stair case (in oak) they all install the riser first, then the tread. The only reason I can think of for doing this is if you ever need to replace the tread. Is there any other reason? I ask this because out basement stringers were framed with 9" run and 7 1/2"...

Add character to front of ranch house [ 2 Answers ]

My '70's vintage ranch house is plain in front. Flat-screen look with no architectural detail to add interest at the front door What can be done within reason to spice it up with an architectural feature. Roof is standard with good eave overhangs.

My 8 year old dog has started to pee in front of me in the house [ 7 Answers ]

I have a basset hound, blood hound mix that is eight years old. We have had him for three years and he just started to get in front of me when it is obvious that I am going to take him outside and he starts to pee in the house. Always near me, and always at times when I normally take him outside....

View more questions Search