Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaj675 Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Apr 8, 2008, 07:54 AM
    Mental Disorders in Movie Roles
    I need some help guys. I'm writing a paper and have to identify 5 movies that portray mental/psychological disorders listing the symptoms. I don't watch movies that often.

Here are some that I've come up with. Can anyone help me identify the disorder

Rainman - Dustin Hoffman - Autistic Savant

A Beautiful Mind - Russell Crowe - Schizophrenia

Conspiracy Theory -

Fatal Attraction -

Sling Blade - Billy bob Thornton
    mafiaangel180 Posts: 629, Reputation: 103

Apr 8, 2008, 08:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kaj675
    I need some help guys. I'm writing a paper and have to identify 5 movies that portray mental/psychological disorders listing the symptoms. I don't watch movies that often.

Here are some that I've come up with. Can anyone help me identify the disorder

Rainman - Dustin Hoffman - Autistic Savant

A Beautiful Mind - Russell Crowe - Schizophrenia

Conspiracy Theory -

Fatal Attraction -

Sling Blade - Billy bob Thornton
    Check out this web site!! It's awesome... it gives movies with all sorts of disorders.
    Movies and Mental Illness Filmography

Apr 8, 2008, 08:18 AM
    I pulled up the same article
    mafiaangel180 Posts: 629, Reputation: 103

Apr 8, 2008, 09:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kaj675
    i pulled up the same article
    And you want more?? That is a very thurough list if you ask me!
    jessb Posts: 290, Reputation: 51

Apr 8, 2008, 09:10 PM
    One flew over the cookoo's nest- jack nicholson
    As good as it gets- jack nicholson
    Radio- cuba gooding jr
    Gilbert grape-leonardo dicaprio
    I am sam- sean penn
    Forest gump- tom hanks
    I don't know if these are what your looking for,but that's all I could think of right now

Apr 9, 2008, 07:14 AM
    Thanks guys, here is what I came up with. Thanks for your help

1. Rainman - Dustin Hoffman - Autistic Savant - obsessive preoccupations with trivia, an amazing memory, lack of empathy, repetitive use of language, preoccupation with certain topics

2. Mommie Dearest - Faye Dunnaway - Manic Depressive/Bipolar - Inappropriate irritability, Inappropriate social behavior, Persistently sad or anxious, Difficulty concentrating, remembering, making decisions

3. Just Cause - Ed Harris - Psychopath/Antisocial Personality - Superficial charm, Inflated view of one's self worth, Proneness to boredom, Pathological lying, manipultiveness, Lack of remorse, Shallow, Parasitic lifestyle, Poor behavioral controls, Criminal versatility

4. Fatal Attraction - Glenn Close - Borderline Personality Disorder - difficulty controlling emotions or impulses, Frequent, dramatic changes in mood, Stormy relationships involving intense anger, Fear of being alone, Feeling of emptiness, Chronic unreliability, Aggressive, violent behavior, Lack of remorse for hurting others, Persistent lying

5. Conspiracy Theory - Mel Gibson - Schizophrenia - hearing voices, hallucinations, delusions, thought disorder, confusion, disorientation, and difficulty concentrating

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cat Mental Birth Disorders . Downs? Autism? [ 10 Answers ]

One of our male (neutered) cats can be physically described as thick-set, weight dense (as in he is not a big cat, small & compact with heavy bones... picking him up is not unlike a 1'x2' brick), LARGE head with large round eyes, big belly (not fat, just big... body solid muscle) with a cow...

Roles of the vice president [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: WHAT ARE THE ROLES OF THE VICE PRESIDENT BY THE PRESIDENT?

Roles of children [ 1 Answers ]

II am trying to help my daughter do her homework and she needs to know role of children in each of the five major religions... Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim, Christian and Jewish... any web sites that you can provide me would be greatly appreciated.

Child may be suffering mood disorders [ 18 Answers ]

I'm beginning to think my 13 yr old is suffering mood disorders. She can be just as happy one minute and then mad at the world the next... she is dealing with adapting to a new environment, new school, etc which is having some negative affects on her. She's starting to act out at school to keep...

View more questions Search