Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PDJDB1950 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2008, 10:25 PM
    Locating and installing clean out
    I need to locate my main drain so that I can install a clean out. Can you help with how to locate the main drain and then what I need to do to install a clean out?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Apr 8, 2008, 05:11 AM
    Are you on a city or county sewer system? Most municipalities require that the location of sewer lines be recorded with their office.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 8, 2008, 07:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PDJDB1950
    I need to locate my main drain so that I can install a clean out. Can you help with how to locate the main drain and then what I need to do to install a clean out?
    If you're on city sewer then the main should be in front and a septic tank main's usually located in the rear. If your house is under 40 years of age you may already have a cleanout installed. Code mandated that we place a sewer cleanout not over 18" from the house foundation and brought up to grade. The years may have covered it up but if your place is under 40 years thenchances are good that you have one . Probe around the house foundation with a pointed rod. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing sewer clean out yourself? Can it be done? [ 5 Answers ]

My husband wants to install our sewer clean out himself. I don't want it to sound like he is not handy, but... Anyway, the sewer repair technician quoted a price of $1300 to do the job. My husband says he can do it himself. He talked to a friend of his that is a plumber who told him what parts...

Locating Journals [ 1 Answers ]

Hi M doing an assignment at Newcastle Uni re "The gr8 Depression" & have to locate 2 jounals for referencing? Can anyone help me to locate these??

Locating someone [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I was wondering if anyone knows how to find out someone's place of employment without "paying" for the information. Thank you.

View more questions Search