Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jduke44 Posts: 407, Reputation: 44

Feb 17, 2006, 04:21 PM
    DrJizzle, if that was referring to my point then I would say it may have still happened. I was thinking about that after I typed it. Evil spirits do not know what is going to happen in the future nor do I don't think they caused it. However, maybe the path of asking this board may have changed his direction a little bit. Meaning it could have been on his mind so he might not have taken the same path if that makes any sense. I'm not sure how, but I think those things are linked sometimes.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2006, 04:42 PM
    It was mostly in general but your post is what prompted the idea in my mind.

I think I agree with you... it is interesting to think about. Could they have put so much energy into "knowing" this would happen that they brought it on themselves?

I am a firm believer in the laws that say "we create our own reality" and "where your attention goes, energy flows... where energy flows, things grow" and "what you focus on is what you experience, what you think is what you create"
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2006, 04:48 PM
    Not to dispute anyone's stories of death after "prediction" by an Ouija board, but it seems to me that, generally speaking, it sounds like an urban legend. I mean, I've heard many, many people say that a friend of a friend was told they were going to die by the Ouija Board and then died. And urban legends get passed around like that. Just like finding the rat's tail in your burger at McDonalds. ;)

The other thing is, so many young people play with the Ouija Board... it's unusual to find a kid who hasn't. Statistically speaking, some of those kids were going to die young anyway, due to illness or accident. Them hearing it from the Ouija Board might simply be a coincidence.
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Feb 17, 2006, 04:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by orange
    The other thing is, so many young people play with the Ouija Board... it's unusual to find a kid who hasn't. Statistically speaking, some of those kids were going to die young anyways, due to illness or accident. Them hearing it from the Ouija Board might simply be a coincidence.
    That's a good point Orange but still in most faiths they say that people should not play with spirts. The bible tells you straight that you must not mess around with these things.

Quote Originally Posted by jduke44
    We can have protection from those things but should not test God on those things
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2006, 05:01 PM
    Yup I don't mess with the board at all... it's scary. But I do think there's some "legend" involved in all the stories that go around about it. It's become such a part of our culture or pop culture, especially in the last 25 years or so.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2006, 05:54 PM
    I agree fully... Im sure many of those stories are simply urban legend.

But if you think about it, Ouiji belief and even discussion are often such "taboo" or even just consideredsuch "hockus pockus" that it may have played a greater role in things than we may ever know.

I don't know... I once tried a homemade version with my cousin. It wasn't working for me... at the time, I thought I was much too strong to allow a spirit to control me. Im not sure if that was the case or not.

However, afterward we burned it (it was simlpy a piece of paper) and it burnt into the shape of an angel (like a snowangel). That sounds crazy now that I say it again (after probably 15 years) but it's the truth.

Feb 18, 2006, 05:38 PM
    So there could be a lot more than meets the eye... Hey that would have freaked me out seeing it burn like an angel, so was you been looked over and blocked from its harming you if it burnt in that way..?
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2006, 10:23 PM
    In the book of Genesis, it tells about the Watchers, or fallen Angels teaching humans about dark, magical things. God even remarked to them that what they did was wrong but that they did not know every trick in the book. God had kept a lot of secrets from them. My point is, could the ouija board be some sort of old ancient "magic" that was used to summon or communicate with the spirirt world? There are more secrets lost in time than we know. As for my experience with the board, which I will not go into-in detail, for personal reasons, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it will pearce the vail and bring you into contact with the spirit realm, the lower spirit realm. As for the person that feels they are in complete control while "dabbling" into that spirit realm, you have just been lucky so far.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Feb 18, 2006, 10:53 PM
    What about all those people that work in the factory that churned out Ouija boards?? ;)
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2006, 11:04 PM
    Slaves... all slaves! Just kidding. I don't know. Maybe they have a lot of nightmares or an unsually high rate of suicide? Maybe they're all possesed. People spittin up green vomit all over the lunch room! Those flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz swooping down and flying away with them when they don't meet their quota. Could happen.

Feb 19, 2006, 09:07 AM
    What was that horror film was it the Omen where most of the cast died and weird **** happened to them... I know a little of thread there but hey they pissed off the spirt world and look what happened to them.
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2006, 09:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nwsflash
    What was that horror film was it the Omen where most of the cast died and weird **** happend to them....I know a little of thread there but hey they pissed off the spirt world and look what happend to them.
    It wasn't The Omen. Gregory Peck didn't die until a couple of years ago, and Lee Remick died in the 90s. (The Omen was filmed in 1976). The rest of the cast are still alive.

Maybe you're thinking of Poltergeist? Dominique Dunne, who played the oldest daughter, was murdered by her boyfriend the same year the movie was released. Heather O'Rourke, who played the youngest daughter, died on the operating table... she had a kidney disease. Although I think it's a bit of a stretch to relate her death to the movie, since she died 6 years after its release. The actors who played the parents, the son, and most of the other characters are all still alive.

Three people, Vic Morrow and 2 child actors, died in a helicopter crash while they were filming "Twilight Zone: The Movie", so maybe that's what you're thinking of. Although, the cast of the Twilight Zone was enormous, so 3 people dying out of a main cast of 20+ is hardly most of the cast.

I understand your line of thinking and especially in the case of the Twilight Zone movie, it does sort of seem like a curse of some kind... but then again, cast are dying in movies all the time... during filming, right after filming, etc... in all genres, not just horror. I could give you dozens of examples.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2006, 09:45 AM
    Omg Omg Omg
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2006, 09:46 AM
    Wow Orange! Did not know you were such a movie buff!
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2006, 09:51 AM
    Yup that's why I joined the site in the first place, LOL. But there were not enough movie questions I could answer, so I sort of spread myself out. :)

Feb 19, 2006, 09:52 AM
    It may well by the Poltergeist I'm thinking of... I know that there was a horror film that weird stuff happened to most of the cast, I was watching a program about it a few months back that went into detail, but for the life of me can't remember the name of it.
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2006, 10:15 AM
    Could be Poltergeist, yeah... like I said, not everyone died shortly afterwards (actually only one person, Dominique Dunne), but I seem to recall there were some strange happenings on the set during the movie, and people had weird experiences. I'll do a bit of research and see if I can find anything else to post here.

Feb 19, 2006, 10:32 AM
    Hi I've found this whilst having a look around the web... Some weird stuff, but was it the films, our would this stuff have happened anyway... Intresting that stuff happened to friends and family as well...

http://www.freewebs.com/decayingmindsarticletcf/
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2006, 10:35 AM
    Could you post that link again? It's telling me the page doesn't exist!
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2006, 10:36 AM
    Is that the one in which the lady keeps saying," don't go into the light, don't go into the light?". Why would you not want the spirit to not go into the light? Unless of course it was to early to end the movie! I don't really get into these movies for the simple reason that they scare the hell out of me! I am one big scardy cat when it comes to the boogy man! The first excorist movie completely changed my life. I almost joined a monastary. For a whole month, every unexplained noise I heard made me jump out of my skin. I just don't like it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I'm thinking about using a ouija board... [ 16 Answers ]

Me and my two friends did one two days ago but we didn't do it right and I looked it up on the website and I now know how to do it. I was just woundering what everyone would say about it though, as I have heard that they aren't always safe! I have tried talking out loud but that didn't work...

This is my story [ 10 Answers ]

I met this boy several years ago. He was so wonderful, in so many different ways. My family loved him, as did I. We quickly fell in love. But I was so young and inexperienced. I was 18, he was 25. I didn't know what I wanted, in him, in myself, in life. I chose to abruptly end our relationship. It...

A story? [ 1 Answers ]

Please, can someone tell me if it's possible to write a "story" in the present or future tense. It might seem like an odd question but I won't say more until I get a response. Thanks, Dragn ::)

View more questions Search