Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dannygirl16DB Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2008, 09:49 PM
    Can u catch an std from sitting on a toilet
    Can u catch a std from sitting gon a toilet or from pee splashing up from one on to you??
    2008chrissy Posts: 131, Reputation: 18

Apr 7, 2008, 09:57 PM
    Normally, STD's are not passed from toilet seat contact. Most are contracted from direct skin-to-skin contact, mucous membrane/ body fluid exchange, or blood route (HIV as example). I can tell you that pubic lice and pubic crabs can survive outside the body and on a host (such as the potty) for about 24 hours. This is still very unlikely.
    What you are likely to get from a contaminated toilet seat (such as in a gym or a school) is staph. :) Everyone's favorite little bug. My suggestion? Put down the toilet seat cover or a couple sheets of toilet paper before sitting down, and this should protect you. :)
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2008, 10:04 PM
    Well, my mother taught me to never say never... so I won't say "never"... however, your chances of catching an std via the toilet seat are VERY slim to none. Unless there's some sort of fluid (blood, mucous, etc) on the toilet seat, and you have some sort of an open wound RIGHT where you're about to sit down on, and the two make contact... then you MIGHT get an infection... MIGHT.

It's sanitary to put down the toilet seat cover... I usually carry a bottle of hand sanitizer with me and I usually just wipe the seat with a little bit of the hand sanitizer on the toilet paper.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you get an STD by sitting on a toilet? [ 4 Answers ]

I think I have an STD( Gonorrhea or Chlamydia). So every time I go to pee, I pee like a girl cause I don't want to take a chance and infect the toilet seat, after I am done I clean the whole toilet with soap and stuff, so can you get an STD by touching the urine on the toilet or by sitting on the...

SULFURIC ACID sitting in toilet! [ 4 Answers ]

Lat week I discovered that when my washing machine drained the water it would come up through the toilet in my guest bath. I bought a snake but was not able to get anywhere. Called a plumber who ran an auger through a vent on the roof and the problem was solved, or we thought. One week later...

Baby Sitting [ 12 Answers ]

Is baby sitting right for me? I'm 14 yrs. Old & I want to earn money on my own but the only problem is finding someone who needs a baby sitter. I baby sit for my aunt & uncle & they tell me that they'll pay me but when they come home they just forget & I really need to earn some money so that I can...

Band sound when sitting on a toilet [ 2 Answers ]

Whenever I sit on a toilet, I hear one bang sound. It's not from pipes. It sounds like the toilet hit something. I tried to look the movement of the toilet when my weight pushes it down. The bottom part of the toilet moves a little bit, but really just 1mm. I don't know if this movement makes...

Sitting with seniors [ 1 Answers ]

I HAVE AN ASHI APPROVED CERTIFICATION CARD 3 TO BE EXACT 1 FOR BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS , 2. FOR BASIC FIRST AID 3. FOR AUTOMAted external defibillation can I get a sitting with elders job or something like that kind of work .

View more questions Search