Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sean92128 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Apr 7, 2008, 08:53 PM
    Impact on credit
    I've asked a few professionals in my area, with varying opinions.. Does anyone know the impact on credit, for eventually getting a mortgage, for getting a car loan and for credit cards, between a foreclosure, a deed in lieu of foreclosure and a short sale. Specifically is having a deed in lieu closer to a foreclosure or a short sale. Thanks in advance.

Sean
    Loan_Guy Posts: 83, Reputation: 6

Apr 11, 2008, 02:14 PM
    Sean,

To answer your question specifically, a deed-in-lieu is a foreclosure, you just didn't make them go through the legal channels to get the home away from you. It's just as tough on your score.

That said, since it costs about $30k on average to foreclose on someone, you may be able to negotiate with them. Sort of a "I'll give you the house, you don't report it as a foreclosure".

I would probably speak with a real estate attorney in your particular state to get a better idea of how to do that.

Best of Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit Score Impact of Pay-in-full versus Settle-in-full [ 2 Answers ]

How can I calculate credit score impact (or improvement) when I decided to "pay in full" versus the decision to "settle in full" for old outstanding credit debts? I read it is always better to PAY in full... but am curious to quantify HOW much it helps me in doing that (and considering cash is...

Momentum before impact [ 1 Answers ]

If I were to drop an egg enclosed in a box that weighs .1014 kg, a distance of 4.5 m, what is the momentum of the box before it impacts the ground.

Momentum before impact [ 1 Answers ]

A rocket is shot a building. When it impacts, it blows apart the front door. The building's mass is 6.5* 10^7. What is the momentum of the building before the impact?

Environmental impact [ 1 Answers ]

I have a commercial piece of property I wanted to borrow some money on & the bank wanted me to get an environmental impact study 1st.What does this study entail ? What are the procedures ? Thanks, joe

View more questions Search