Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hadali Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2008, 07:52 PM
    Beta hcg levels
    Hi,

I took a blood test 6 weeks and one day it was 22000 then two days later 29000 is this OK
    2008chrissy Posts: 131, Reputation: 18

Apr 7, 2008, 09:50 PM
    hadali,

If your physician had reason to be concerned I assure you he/she would have shared that information with you. Your hCG levels (pregnancy hormone, the same they test for in your urine) will raise and fall throughout your pregnancy and are a good indicator to your doctor for a lot of things - how far along the pregnancy is approximately, if you are progressing in an average manner, signs of abnormalities due to excessively high or low levels of hCG, etc. Good luck on your pregnancy - always ask your doctor any questions you have. Remember he works for you.

I assume you are 6 - 8 weeks along? That's a guess!

Apr 7, 2008, 10:29 PM
    Lmp puts me at 8 weeks but ultrasound says I'm 6.5

Apr 7, 2008, 10:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hadali
    lmp puts me at 8 weeks but ultrasound says im 6.5

I was right on, all right! Then I guess you're a little less pregnant than what your first thought, congrats again.

Apr 7, 2008, 10:35 PM
    Thanks, I was worried because it wasn't doubling but then I read on the net that when the hcg levels reach a certain level like 6000 they stop doubling every 48 hours but still increase

Apr 7, 2008, 10:38 PM
    And remember, reference ranges are just that. They are a reference only. Sure most people in an average population fall within the reference ranges, but just because your values fall a little high or a little low does mean there is reason to worry. My best friend just had her first baby and her hCG levels were nearly double the average. Her doctor had her on special monitoring (afraid of hydatid mole, vanishing twin, etc). Turns out she just has a 9lb 2oz big baby girl! Mother nature is funny.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My beta again. [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 55gal tank with community fish in it. Danios,tetras,cats,1angel,cherry barbs, and some hatchet fish. Could my beta be inserted into this tank?

Beta Fish [ 11 Answers ]

Hello: I got Beta just like this one, 1 week ago, his a cute little Beta Fish! I would like to know what kind of water does he need, for his little aquarium, for the moment I but at W-Mart a gallon of drinking water is that good? I would like to know, Any comments? OK here is my Beta Fish!

View more questions Search