Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shawn123 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2008, 06:19 PM
    I need information!
    This is very important

Do you have to change your macbooks battery pack after a while?
    I need a lot of information.

:confused:

Thank you,
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2008, 07:51 PM
    Battery packs won't last forever. They probably need replacing every 3-5 years depending on use.

Battery packs need to be re-calibrated every once and a while too. You basically turn off energy management and let the laptop die and then re-charge completely. This will re-calibrate the battery "gas gage".

This should be done with a new battery as well.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Apr 9, 2008, 06:57 PM
    Here's a blog entry that gives detailed instructions on reconditioning your MacBook battery (letting it die then recharge completely). If you don't do it periodically, your battery will gradually lose its ability to hold a full charge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Information [ 3 Answers ]

How many countries are there in world? How many muslim countries? How many hindu countris? Tell me about every relegion countries

Need information [ 3 Answers ]

He this is raj .wel I'm medical student here in romania but as u know as a student life is hard.. o from long time I'm thinking to start smt from my by my own.. so how can start smt from my home by internet.. ple can anyone help me..?

Information [ 1 Answers ]

How to remove ignition cylinder from a 1991 :D honda accord:D

Need information [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I need help my brother keeps freaking me out with all these ghost stories about he's been heering things in his room at night we don't no what to do because when he tels my mum she doesn't believe him and just walks away please someone help me before it gets worse

Information need [ 4 Answers ]

OK I really need serious answers only please.I was working for a taxi company and got into a accident where I slide on a patch of ice and went left of the center line and hit head on with another car, the police report says my falt due to the weather, it was snowing real bad, comimg down hard and...

View more questions Search