Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommy2destiny21 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2008, 05:56 PM
    Trying to conceive after depo. 4 years later.
    Hello.. My name is Jessica.. Im 22 years old.. I have an almost 6 year old daughter.. I was on depo from when she was a month old.. Until she was 2 years old.. It is now almost 4 years later and Im still trying to get pregnant with a baby.. Im getting married in June of 09 and Im very worried that I wont be able to have a child at all.. I recently went to the doctor and they said I had bacterial vaginosis.. Which isn't and STD and from what Iv read, it cannot cause problems for trying to conceive.. So I have no idea whats going on.. All I know is ever getting on depo was a very bad idea.. Iv read other people stories and some are saying that if you take birth control pills that it will help you get pregnant after you only take them for so long?? I have regular periods.. Are there over the counter meds to help you ovulate? In case thats the problem? I have no idea about this??
    2008chrissy Posts: 131, Reputation: 18

Apr 7, 2008, 10:01 PM
    Medication should clear up your Vaginosis. Unless you have suffered with it untreated for an extended period, fertility should not be an issue at all. Unless there are other underlying issues. The fact that you have conceived before heightens your chance that you WILL get pregnant again. After being on Depo-Provera (and other method of birth control) for an extended period, it may take the body up to a year to be ready to conceive. Just try to be patient and the more you stress about getting pregnanct, the less likely you are to conceive. Making babies is the fun part!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to conceive! [ 1 Answers ]

I have been trying for a year to get pregnant, but for some reason I haven't. I went to the doctor in August to make sure everything was OK because I hadn't gotten pregnant and my dr. said everything was normal. I don't know if I should get another dr's opinion... I know me and my fiancée are able...

About conceive [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am priya.I am planning to get conceive.but I have irregular period.my doctor gave me 5fertyl tablet after my period.I want to know is this any problem.can I take this.please any one advice me

Trying to conceive [ 2 Answers ]

I was on the depo shot for nearly two years, and have been of it for nine months. How long does this take to get out of your system before you are able to conceive?

I can't conceive? [ 8 Answers ]

I have been in a relationship for 7 years and have been trying for a ababy for over a ayear now.I have had no outcome.what should I do? Am I in fertile?

Trying to conceive [ 5 Answers ]

I need help, please help me. We have been trying to conceive. My last period was on 7-29-06. I was supposed to start on 8-28-06, but instead I started on the 27th but very light pink with dark brown. It only lasted a day in a half. I took a pregnancy test but it showed negative. I have been...

View more questions Search