Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krish_veera Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2008, 08:54 AM
    Addiction of smoking
    Hi.this is veera.I am an engineering student.I use to smoke a lot.Daily I ll smoke around 15 cigarettes.how to control this.And I also my stamina has became decreased due to this.How can I get back my health
    Ace High Posts: 191, Reputation: 22

Apr 7, 2008, 09:13 AM
    Hi Veera, the biggest influence on me was seeing what it does to a person who was only 55 and was dying due to lung cancer. She was my aunt and she smoked up till the day she died. She had a tube that was constantly hooked to an oxygen machine and the tube was installed up her nose. She had to worry during storms if the electricity was knocked off because her oxygen machine was operated by electricity. She never left her bed because she could hardly breath. To listen to her was to always be on the edge of panic because it always sounded like she was struggling to take her next breath. I was always afraid she may die while I was there because I wouldn't know what to do. Also during a science class, the teacher brought in a pair of lungs. The one lung which belonged to the one who smoked was quite awful to look at. It was a very dark gray ugly mass compared to the non-smoker. Some times a visual influence can be a very powerful thing. It made me quit and I've never regretted it. I would suggest that you visit someone you know with lung problems and get an eye opening experience as to what you can expect. It is not "cool" nor "sexy" to smoke. It has only one purpose and that is to destroy your lungs. -- Ace
    HelenAg Posts: 69, Reputation: 3

Apr 15, 2008, 07:10 PM
    Sometimes those tactics don't help much at all. Nicotine addiction is a terrible thing and the aunt's smoking till the end is a testament to that. I have tried and tried to stop smoking and never succeed for very long. Maybe one day... I wonder if a support group would help. Having other people around who are tying to do the same thing may be helpful. Maybe that is something you can try. Good luck. It's a long job.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2008, 07:36 PM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/lounge...cotine+patches

Take a look there are lots of tips/products on this thread about stopping. Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oxycotin Addiction [ 5 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how long Oxycotin stays in your system and would show up in an UA? What is the longest time that withdrawals can last? Severe stomach pains is one sign of withdrawal can you tell me if that can come from taking them the normal way? Or can this be from snorting them, shooting...

Addiction [ 25 Answers ]

Help. I just found out that my best friend as an addiction for sleeping tablets called Stilnox. She doesn't only take them to help her sleep but she takes them evey day soon after she awakes. She takes about 5 a day. I keep trying to her she don't need them but she is adamant she does and can't...

Shop addiction [ 3 Answers ]

Im addicted to second hand shopping and I can't seem to stop... All my work money goes towards it and I love to buy those second hand underwear. They are already worn in and that's what mkes them so comfortable. HELP!! :confused:

Not an addiction ? But? [ 7 Answers ]

Well, this isn't really an addiction question but it seems like it kind of fell into this group. I was just wondering does anyone know how long after you take a pain pill it takes to get into your system where it would show up on a drug test. I have a prescription for Lortab and I took it the other...

Addiction withdraw [ 4 Answers ]

Iam 35 and I am 1 year clean from crack... but recently someone turned me on to crystal meth.I have been snorting it everyday for about a month.How do I get off it and will the with draw be bad?

View more questions Search