Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pary Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2008, 07:55 AM
    Is Barack Obama a Jew
    Is Barack Obama a Jew? Where can I learn more about him?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 7, 2008, 08:14 AM
    First, where did you get that idea? Second, why would it matter to you? Third, Where can you NOT learn more about him. He's all over the news, has a web site, has people blogging about him daily. Just Google him and you will find out more than you want to know.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 7, 2008, 09:13 AM
    No, he is Baptist from my understanding, but I will assume you intended to ask if he was Muslim with is a rumor running around some of the anti Obama groups

You can goggle his name and find more about him than you ever care to know, or you can read one of his books published about his life.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Apr 9, 2008, 04:51 PM
    His first name, "Barack" more often transliterated from the Hebrew to the English is "Barak," means "lightening." I think in Arabic after close translation to English spelled "Barak," also means "lightening." Both semitic languages with similarities. Also according to some in Arabic a similar word transliterated from the Islam Koran into English is "Baraka," meaning "blessed."

Having a Hebrew name doesn't make a person Jewish. His mother from my understanding is not Jewish and therefore by the interpretation of most Judaism denominations, he was not born Jewish. The religion of his choice is Christianity, and more specifically he attends the Trinity United Church of Christ. Both Obama's biological father and stepfather were Muslims. His middle name "Hussein" and his last name "Obama," may confuse some to believe that those with Arabic names or Arab sounding names automatically means that the person is Muslim. Fact is that are Jewish Arabs and Christian Arabs as well. The point being not to go on etymology of a names alone. However "Barack," grew up attending secular and Catholic schools.

I hope this helps.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2008, 06:34 AM
    Hello pary:

Yes, he's a Jew, and he's going to turn America into pawn shoppe.

excon
    CFZD Posts: 385, Reputation: 49

May 16, 2008, 06:29 PM
    So what? What's wrong with being a jew?

He is intelligent enough to be a jew!
    NICKNAME Posts: 27, Reputation: 3

May 20, 2008, 12:46 AM
    No matter what obama is, but I`m sure he will be better than Bush ( internally ). Good luck America,
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Jun 3, 2008, 05:34 PM
    I suspect Ex's tongue is in cheek. Yes, Obama is so intelligent that it seems what he dosen't know would fill several volumes.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2008, 05:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1
    I suspect Ex's tongue is in cheek. Yes, Obama is so intelligent that it seems what he dosen't know would fill several volumes.
    That goes for yourself as well. :)

Jun 28, 2008, 12:33 PM
    OK, NK, touche'. That's probably true of everyone here. What I would like to know, though, is why a Canadian is so interested in US politics that you are campaigning?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2008, 03:48 PM
    Why are americans interested in israeli or iraqui politics?
    SkyGem Posts: 177, Reputation: 18

Jun 29, 2008, 10:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pary
    Is Barack Obama a Jew? where can i learn more about him?
    I doubt very seriously that he is a Jew. But it certainly appears that he has changed religions as often as he has changed pastors.

If you want to learn more about Obama, you can start with the following website. Let me know if you need others, as there are plenty more!

Barack Obama: EXPOSED! - FREE Report G

Just Say No Deal

Power of Puma: Howard Dean Schemes To Shut Down Democratic Convention

And for ALL Obamanots:

Nobama Network - Dedicated to Unity Democrats, Republicans, Independents Election 2008

Welcome to WriteHillaryIn.com
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2008, 10:19 AM
    Hello again, Sky:

The link, humanevents.com - "Leading the Conservative Movement since 1944". And, it's not FREE. They want my email address.

Why would any Hillary supporter believe anything that website says? Why would ANY left leaning person such as yourself even go to a website like that for their news?

The answer is, of course, they wouldn't. And you're not a Hillary supporter either. You're a sneaky John McCain supporter. Can't you just say so? You're not fooling anybody here.

I DO think you're a born again Christian, though. You don't give up - just like those bothersome religious nuts who come to your door and won't go away.

excon

Jun 29, 2008, 11:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello again, Sky:

The link, humanevents.com - "Leading the Conservative Movement since 1944". And, it's not FREE. They want my email address.

Hi excon,

Although it does take much time to answer tit-for-tat and I said I wouldn't be doing it so often anymore, your post deserves an explanation and that's why I'm here.

The link to humanevents was not a pitch to give away your e-mail address nor to subscribe, rather to read what is posted on their FREE opening page and go from there.

So, if you did not like that one, perhaps you will LOVE this one. And thanks for bringing this up as it gave me a great opportunity to research more and thus, found this one that seems to cover ALL, just about EVERYTHING one could want to know about Obama, including pictures for better clarity and to make their point!

Don't Vote for Obama, The Most Complete Anti Obama website

Why would any Hillary supporter believe anything that website says? Why would ANY left leaning person such as yourself even go to a website like that for their news?

Because they are saying things that are known about your candidate, that's why.

The answer is, of course, they wouldn't. And you're not a Hillary supporter either. You're a sneaky John McCain supporter. Can't you just say so? You're not fooling anybody here.

You're wrong there, excon. I know you have chosen to believe that, but if I was for McCain, why would I be pushing so hard for Hillary to get on the November ballot? I seldom post anything glamorizing McCain and if he was my candidate, I would not be spending as much time as I do with Hillary. Do I support Hillary 100% on everything? No, but that will not cause me to divide and leave her in light of the news and what has been happening with Obama's folks wanting to take Hillary's delegates at the convention, etc. That is a strong issue, among others, and it is my right to support her if I so choose. So, your allegation, in essence, is baseless. And just like you're questioning me about McCain, why don't you admit you are a paid Obama supporter like your buddy from Vegas because it sure appears that way? To use your own words "You're not fooling anybody here."

I DO think you're a born again Christian, though. You don't give up - just like those bothersome religious nuts who come to your door and won't go away.

excon
    Well, coming from a nut like you who is not religious, why would I be surprised you would say that.

Have a nice day, excon.

Just Say No Deal

Power of Puma: Howard Dean Schemes To Shut Down Democratic Convention

And for ALL Obamanots:

Nobama Network - Dedicated to Unity Democrats, Republicans, Independents Election 2008

Welcome to WriteHillaryIn.com

Jun 29, 2008, 11:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pary
    Is Barack Obama a Jew? where can i learn more about him?
    Pary, thanks to "excon", I can provide you with the following website where you can learn more about Obama.

Don't Vote for Obama, The Most Complete Anti Obama website
    westnlas Posts: 322, Reputation: 25

Jun 29, 2008, 12:02 PM
    African-White-Jewish-Hispanic-Indo Chinese- transvestite- gay- Baptist- Catholic- basketball playing- NASCAR driving- mullet headed- trailer park trash- Okie.

Who the heck cares? American all the way.

Jun 30, 2008, 08:09 AM
    I think he is a puppett, puffed by the media into predominance undeserved, controlled by someone supplying all those wonderful speeches which sound so elegant and say so little.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Jun 30, 2008, 06:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1
    I think he is a puppett, puffed by the media into predominance undeserved, controlled by someone supplying all those wonderful speeches which sound so elegant and say so little.

Wow! That's really inaccurate. I have to address this nonsense. Undeserving?? You think the media was plotting an opportunity ever since the day after the emancipation of proclamation just to prop up an African-American?. and then came along a man of partial black ancestry with an Arab sounding name and they concluded to anoint him the golden child? The man's father was from Kenya for heavens sake and Obama earned everything from his lofty education of schooling to his political career. So many things that many Americans otherwise have taken for granted. As for Obama's superb communication skill, which let's be frank here it's light years ahead of any candidate or president since Ronald Reagan, that doesn't makes him a puppet nor is it because he has a staff that helps craft his speeches. McCain has a difficult time just following a teleprompter filled with simple vocabulary that his staff finished for him two days in advance. Of the issues I disagree with Obama over, I'd certainly not travel down the road you chose here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should we get Barack another pillow? [ 38 Answers ]

Guess who made 26 trips between Damascus and Chicago from 2003 to 2006? The important question is, Why!! Never underestimate the Clinton War Machine. Hillary was right a few weeks ago: “Now, the fun part starts.” Barack Obama’s signature campaign line—”Yes, We Can!”—was delivered with a...

Barack Obama [ 20 Answers ]

6400 This thread is hereby established as a place to post POSITIVE attributes that apply to this canadate. Things that you find about this canadate that are positive. Due to all the negative press and mudslinging, having a place to come to post and read positive issues that apply to the...

My wandering jew plant looks sick [ 2 Answers ]

HI. I have a wandering jew plant hanging above my bath tub. It has grown downward, but looks really thin on top. What can I do to make the plant look fuller on top.? :o

Jesus was a Jew! [ 13 Answers ]

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS STRICTLY OUT OF CURIOUSITY AND I MEAN NO DISRESPECT TO ANYONE AND THEIR BELIEFS! This is something that I have always wondered about and have never been able to get anyone to give me a rational and logical answer to this. I am not interested in offending anyone but I have a...

Jew/christian marriage [ 4 Answers ]

I read somewhere that if a Jewish women marries a non-Jewish man, the children are considered Jewish. I was wondering if this is automatic or do the children get to choose for themselves when they are older.

View more questions Search