Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dodsatya Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2008, 07:53 AM
    1099 INT & H4 filing
    Hi,

I got married in 2007 so I will be filing married jointly correct?
    I am on H1 and wife is on H4. I don't have my wife's SSN so I need to apply for ITIN?
    Can I file my tax(State & Federal) with W7 form attached to them or need to wait till I get the ITIN for my wife? I have to file 3 state taxes.
    I got 1099 INT from my bank.. To which state I have to include this amount. Is it the state I lived on 31st dec 2007? Or do I need to split the amount into 3 as I lived in 3 state.

Thanks,
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Apr 7, 2008, 07:19 PM
    For state returns wait till you get the ITIN. Meanwhile apply for an extension.

For bank accounts, check your bank statements to see when the interest payments were credited to your account. You can use those dates to figure out where to report.

Apr 8, 2008, 06:43 AM
    Thanks for the reply.

So I just need to file the federal with W7 attached it and at the same apply for the ITIN to Austin, tx?
    If I apply for extension, will I have to pay the penalties? I owe to NY state but I get refund from other states.

Thanks
    Tax Expert

Apr 8, 2008, 07:34 AM
    What do you mean by "at the same apply for the ITIN to Austin, TX."

Your W7 is application to get ITIN. You just attach with your federal return. You don't apply at any other place.

Yes, if you don't pay due tax at the time of filing extension, you will pay penalty and interest on amount due. So send payment with extension Form.

Apr 8, 2008, 12:21 PM
    Do I just need to file the federal extension or I need to file extension for each state... thanks for all your response. I appreacite it.
    Tax Expert

Apr 9, 2008, 04:55 AM
    You need separate extension for federal and state.

Apr 9, 2008, 07:05 AM
    Thanks for the quick replies.I really appreaciate it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About 1099-INT [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have got a 1099-INT form from a financial institution for year 2007. I have a question about GA state tax paper filing. Do I need to send a copy of that form alongwith my W2 copy for state? Thanks in advance Z

Should I file a 1099-int [ 3 Answers ]

Do I have to file a 1099-int form with my taxes or is it just for my records?

1099-g & 1099-int [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a citizen of India and filing my taxes as a non-resident for 2006. 1.> I received 1099-G of my 2005 state tax refund. In my 2005 federal tax return I had used the standard deduction on line 11 of 1040NR-EZ i.e "Itemized deductions" line since it is entitled to students from India. Is...

1099-G and 1099-INT, filing as a non-resident [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a citizen of India and filing my taxes as a non-resident for 2006. 1.> I received 1099-G of my 2005 state tax refund. In my 2005 federal tax return I had used the standard deduction on line 11 of 1040NR-EZ i.e "Itemized deductions" line since it is entitled to students from India. Is...

View more questions Search