Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lizeveland Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2008, 06:36 AM
    Paternity Establish?
    I have a seven year old son, and there is no father on his birth certificate. His biological father died when I was 4 months pregnant with him and he has never had anything to do with that side of the family because they are not the kind of people to have a child around. I have been with my husband now since my son was 4 months old and my husband wants to be on my sons birth certificate to show that he is my sons father and wants my son to have his last name... he says that in his heart and soul he is the father of my son.. my son constantly asks why his last name is not the same, he thinks that his father doesn't love him... so to ease both of them, we have decided to do it, but don't know what to do - - - any suggestions?
    ldyastrid Posts: 82, Reputation: 12

Apr 7, 2008, 09:35 AM
    Most lawyers will not charge for a first visit. Find a family lawyer and ask him/her what needs to be done so your husband can adopt your son.

Good luck!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 7, 2008, 10:05 AM
    I will correct idyastrid, actually most lawyers now do charge for a first visit, even bankrupty attorneys, so always ask. This "free" visit has changed a lot over the last two years.

But your current husband merely adopts the child, no big issue at all, you will need to hire an attorney who will go though the process with you
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 7, 2008, 10:08 AM
    Do you have proof that the bio father died? As long as you have that, it should be a simple matter since there is no need to get the bio father to relinquish rights.

Just get a Family lawyer to prepare the adoption petition.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to establish home business through internet [ 3 Answers ]

I want to establish home business through internet.Like paid survey, mailing lists or any other ideas.PLEASE if any body has successful ideas , help me. What are the most reputable survey web sites that I can make job with ?

At 70 I can't establish a relationship [ 14 Answers ]

I have been single almost 6 years,I have been on a dating service and have had over 300 matches in 3years.I have actually met about 60 ladys.I am now 70 and the matches have ranged from 60 -70 years of age. I am not heavy,I AM healthy, exercize regulary,think I am fairly good looking,and not a...

5 years later. Wants to establish patenity and contact [ 1 Answers ]

I told him the child was his when I was pregnant. No contact for 5 years... he wants contact.. Stepfather has been there since the child was 8 months old and he wants to adopt... what are our chances to get the bio-father out of the picture?

View more questions Search