Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pie812 Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2008, 06:10 AM
    It's Working!
    So I came on here I'd say about a month ago and asked for some advice on weight loss. Everyone told me excercize and eating good - so I've been jogging everyday and changed my diet around. I started eating Special K, because it actually fills me up after a bowl of it, and eating more fruit. I bought pants about a year ago and they were too small, I tried them on and they fit - they're still a little tight but I'm so excited that they fit. I'm aiming to lose a few more pounds but there is hope!
    Ace High Posts: 191, Reputation: 22

Apr 7, 2008, 06:33 AM
    Congratulations!! And I'm routing for you to get to your goal. -- Ace
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2008, 05:38 PM
    Good for you!! I am still trying to lose... need to take my own advice! Working in a kitchen doesn't help much!

A little trick if your jeans are a little too tight and you have a hard time zipping them.
    Lay down on a hard surface and 'suck your stomach in' and it will be easier to zip them.
    Through the day they will stretch just enough that it will be easier to rezip if you have to.
    You don't want to get them too tight though because then you won't be able to rezip them after using a public restroom.
    Duecey93 Posts: 207, Reputation: 3

Apr 7, 2008, 06:30 PM
    I'm proud of you.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2008, 09:23 AM
    Too many come here for advice and then never come back to let us know how it went. Thanks so much for posting again.

The great news is that its just starting. You are a month in, hitting your stride, and the most powerful changes are still to come. You have primed your body, its starting to react, and you are mentally still dedicated. That's fantastic. Keep this up and see where you are in another month... and then two.

The only thing I would mention is think about other things you can do to mix it up. Meaning the body tends to get used to whatever we do to it, and the more you can "confuse" it with new stresses (safe exercises) the more it'll keep altering to try to adjust to the new stimuli.

You are jogging now. Fantastic. Mix that up some with other aerobic exercises. Walking up stairs takes a lot of energy, will get into your legs and rear, and it's a good change. Jumping rope is a killer substitute for running that is easier on the joints and can be done without straying from home. Seriously... if you haven't tried jumping rope since you were little, do it. It sucks! But its great. Swimming is good for cardio and flexibility.

Athletes wouldn't cross train if it didn't help them overall. It also keeps you from getting injury due to repetitive motion... runs one day, and then give that a break with some other exercise. You are still kicking your metabolism, but changing the stress points.

More notes... keep stretching. You are doing well now, but you need to protect your body by stretching out those muscles. Also, make sure you have good running shoes. Its easy to pound down an older pair quickly and then you start to feel it in your feet, legs, etc.

Keep taking a good multivitamin and get good sleep. Research has shown how important a good sleep schedule can be for good health.

Don't forget about the exercise dvds I mentioned from your local library in your earlier post. When my wife ran every day, she became stronger and trimmed up, but when she began running less and cross training with a little weights, pilates, and tae bo... that's when she went from lean to cut. That's when her abs started to become defined, she lost that little bit of back fat at the lower back that just wasn't coming off with running... when she started hitting her body from more angles, that's when it all came together.

And I've seen that myself. My typical workout would miss certain areas, and when I started more cross training... that's when things really cranked in.

Congratulations! Like I said, the great news is you are just beginning to reap the benefits of your work. So glad you started right away and stayed with it. Ill bet you are going to inspire others who are walking aroung the idea of losing weight or getting fit to stop with the excuses and begin the journey.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Apr 10, 2008, 12:54 AM
    Thanks for the inspiration to keep going!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dodge Ram A/C working, then not working [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500. Within the last year whenever I turn the a/c on it will work fine and after about 5 or 10 minutes will start to blow hot air as if I turned the a/c off and had the fan blowing outside air. At first I started turning the a/c off and then back on which would...

Heat and Air not working on Attic unit, but blower working. [ 1 Answers ]

The blower is working fine on our Heating and Air Conditioning unit but neither the Air or Heat will work. The emergency Heat works fine though. The unit is a Carrier with the words American Standard written on the outside fan unit. What should I look for before calling a tech or what would this be...

Previously working electrical outlets stopped working [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Everyone A wall of electrical outlets in my kitchen just stopped working. They were working just fine about a month ago. I tried checking the circuit box, and turning the circuits on/off just to make sure anything that has been tripped was turned on back again. But it didn't work for the...

View more questions Search