Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LILIAN02 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2008, 03:28 AM
    Accident - Claim
    Hi All :
    I have been in an accident about a month ago. Please give me some advice on what I can do. I were already in the circle when a taxi drove into me. My car can't be repaired. What am I to do? Can I put in a claim in against the driver / owner of the taxi?

Located - South Africa - Western Cape - Atlantis

Thanks
    Lilian
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2008, 05:52 AM
    [QUOTE=LILIAN02]Hi All :
    I have been in an accident about a month ago. Please give me some advice on what I can do. I were already in the circle when a taxi drove into me. My car can't be repaired. What am I to do? Can I put in a claim in against the driver / owner of the taxi?

Located - South Africa - Western Cape - Atlantis

I'm guessing you don't have collision insurance. If you do, report it to your company.

Of course you would pursue the tax driver - it looks like no one else could be responsible so there is no one else to pursue. The insurance company will investigate and decide whether to pay. Have you reported the accident to your own company in the event someone claims injuries?

(I don't know about South Africa but in the US this scenario doesn't automatically settle in your favor. There are mitigating conditions and circumstances.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Auto accident claim [ 4 Answers ]

My wife, son and I were recently in a car accident. We were hit from behind, which caused minimal damage. The other drivers insurance has paid for the damage, which was the bumper. The insurance gave what I believe to be a crappy settlement offer. Both my wife and son went to the E.R. and released...

Auto Accident Claim [ 7 Answers ]

Three cars were involved in a collision on an icy road. Car 1 hit his brakes to avoid another car in front of him. Car 2 hit her brakes but slid into Car 1. I am Car 3. I see them collide and move to the next lane over to avoid a collision, but when Car 2 hits Car 1, she slides sideways into my...

How to settle a car accident claim [ 4 Answers ]

I was injured in a car accident about 6 months ago. I started by going to the ER room and then to a chiropractor. My symptoms did not go away so I went to an orthopedic doctor and found I have a bulging disc in my neck. I was given a tens machine and can periodically go to the doctor for...

How do I settle my car accident claim? [ 3 Answers ]

I was in an accident in April 07 - the other driver struck me in an intersection and is 100% at fault. I am trying to settle on my own. Everything online says to take 3x the medical expense amount. Approx #'s are $23,000 settlement additionally I want them to pay my bills $7900 on top of that. So...

Accident claim beyond limits of liability [ 4 Answers ]

Thank you for taking the time to read my question: I am wondering, what I should consider for a settlement in my accident, the other party was at fault, and my current bills are just under the limits of liabilty with the possibility of future surgery costing nearly $30,000. Here are the...

View more questions Search