Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2008, 10:52 PM
    Asking for your honest opinions
    This may all sound a little odd to all of you, but it is troubling me enough to post.

Seems last night I had a dream, believe it or not, of how I post here on AMHD in regards to religious post. ( I know, sad I am even dreaming AMHD :)

I rarely, if ever, remember my dreams. In the dream it was actually a poster ( no name of the poster in the dream), telling me to stop telling everyone they are good and everything is okay.

That was the crux of the dream, but it was pretty strong. I am not saying that God spoke to me in a dream, but the message was so strong, and softly sturn, if that makes any sense.

I guess it concerns me, as it gave me the impression I am doing more harm than good.

In my heart I believe in God, in heaven and scarey enough in hell. I also believe in purgatory.

I guess, for those of you know my way of posting, am I doing more harm then good.

I believe that God is a loving God and that's why I post the way I do. I am not asking you to critique my post, just to those of you who do believe in God, am I doing more harm then good, by being so "soft" when responding about the dangers in not be one with God?

My heart it telling me that I am, or more accurately, I fear I am doing more harm then good.

I think that God would actually be upset and even angry with me, for this.

I do ask your honest opinions, and I will also pray on it.

Thank you.
    starfirefly Posts: 397, Reputation: 33

Apr 6, 2008, 11:35 PM
    Amhd?
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2008, 11:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starfirefly
    amhd?

This site Ask Me Help Desk. (Sorry about that )

Apr 6, 2008, 11:40 PM
    Got you... well I think that everyone has their own beliefs and criticizing other for believing different from yourself is wrong, I believe that god wants everyone to find their own way, in their own time
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2008, 11:43 PM
    Thanks Star - and I would never be critical or judgemental, I completely agree.

But if someone comes right out and ask if they are going to hell, if they are not one with God?

Those type of questions.

Apr 6, 2008, 11:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allheart
    Thanks Star - and I would never be critical or judgemental, I completely agree.

But if someone comes right out and ask if they are going to hell, if they are not one with God?

Those type of questions.

I would just ask them what do they believe, cause that's all that really matters is what you believe
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2008, 11:52 PM
    Thank you again.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Apr 7, 2008, 08:08 AM
    I do ask your honest opinions, and I will also pray on it. Thank you.
    Dear Allheart,

your dream was just a dream. Do not try to put anymore value to it. It was just a dream. A single dream. Like so many dreams we all have, but which we normally all forget upon awakening.

"In the dream it was ... telling me to stop telling everyone they are good and everything is okay".

How can that be wrong? Why would the God in whom you believe be angry with you for that?
    So you live your life more accordingly to the New Testament, and less to the Old Testament. But as a Christian that is supposed to be your attitude, is it not?

Your approach towards others so far is more accordingly to the teachings of Jesus than that of many of those who seem to experience their religious beliefs based on fear for the wrath of and for God.

Go on as before. You're on the high road!

John
    Freethinker

:rolleyes:
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2008, 08:10 AM
    Wow John,

Thank you so much. Your words did bring great comfort.

Thank you again.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 7, 2008, 09:18 AM
    Scary but I will agree with Credendovidis, telling people the good in life is never wrong by any main religion,

And to move on to sepecificly Christian faith, a message from God will never go against the teachings of the bible, and the bible tells us all people have value and worth.

But it does sound like you need a day or two vacation form AMHD or perhaps not so much of what ever you ate that night
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Apr 7, 2008, 09:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Scary but I will agree with Credendovidis, telling people the good in life is never wrong by any main religion
    Saying that that scares you says more about you than about me...
    I never have problems with - nor am I scared to - agree(ing) with others, if what they state is correct. Regardless if my spiritual world view agrees with their views or not...

John
    Secular Humanist Freethinker

:rolleyes:
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2008, 09:29 AM
    Hello Allheart,

First of all, yes I agree to a point that dreams might not mean anything. At the same time with my own personal experiences with dreams. Dreams mean a lot. Some dreams are just dreams and other dreams are trying to tell us something.

My first thought is honesty. I know you look at the good things in everything. Your purpose is to show others a different way to handle different situations in a loving way.

Example is a post from that girl that was pressured into an abortion by her family and an unsupportive boyfriend. Love was needed in the responses given in that situation.

Sometimes honesty sounds harsh, sometimes honesty sounds strict. At the same time in certain situations I think that is needed, but from me to you. Truthfully it is not your concern to worry about what anybody else thinks about your approach in answering questions. Your heart tells you that you need to show others love and pure love for all situations and posts. That is what your called to do and never question that.

Other people will take care of other ways of answering it. Do you know what I am trying to say? That is why there are so many different people, so many different views, ideas and ways of people approaching the same question. Do not change the way GOD MADE YOU. Everybody that has God within them will fulfill his purpose all in different ways.

P.S. Dreams have a way of bringing out our insecurities as well. I would say this is what the dream is about.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2008, 09:44 AM
    Sweet Allheart,

Never is it a wrong thing to shed a little grace and love in the world. You respond to questions with a sense of sweetness and peace while offering suggestions... that is not wrong. Nor should it be stopped.

People come to a site like AMHD with questions that truly plague their minds, whether it is about a relationship, a rebellious child, or spirituality and religion. They are not asking to be berated or accused, they are asking for advice and encouragement. You offer both, advice and encouragement.

I've asked questions of AMHD and received responses of both kind... some people offer candid, honest advice. Some people say, "It's ok honey, you'll be fine." You offer both, "Its ok HC, you'll be fine, but here is something proactive you can do while you wait."

That, Dear Heart, is the essence of good advice. Sandwich psychology, if you will. Please don't even consider changing who you are, what you are, or how you respond to others.
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2008, 02:10 PM
    I can not thank you all enough, truly.

You have all greatly helped.

Thanks again!
    Donna Mae Posts: 55, Reputation: 14

Apr 7, 2008, 05:35 PM
    The greatest commandment is 'Love." Jesus' teachings were filled with love, He came and died for us because He loves us. He wants us to be saved because He loves us. There's nothing wrong with feeling love for everyone and telling them so, but we also have to make sure that Jesus did not die in vain. God's purpose for us is to tell others about His Son and how they can be saved. That includes admonishing and correcting wrongs. When we see someone struggling about coming to God, we need to help them by telling them what the Bible says, and how they can overcome their struggles, that's love. As much as we would like to, we can't agree with everyone about everything, that wouldn't be honest to them or to God, because we need to be letting them know how to get to heaven.

I don't believe that God still speaks to people through dreams today, but I do believe that our dreams can come from things that are weighing heavily on our hearts. The Bible tells us to 'search' our hearts, and the best way to do that is by searching the scriptures.

God's words are beautiful, and the only way we can know them is by studying them. The instructions for living our lives and how to be helping others to come to God, are in the New Testament, and we should be searching them daily.

Love is a wonderful thing to have for everyone because we want everyone to be saved, and that will only come through God's Word.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2008, 05:46 PM
    Maybe God was trying to tell you something.
    It didn't say you couldn't tell them you love them or anything else just stop with
    Telling everyone they are good and everything is okay. So maybe that is all you have to do.
    (I do believe dreams have significance.)
    It isn't good to give people false hope and people that don't believe in God really wouldn't care too much one way or another anyway I would think.

Scary! I THOUGHT MY amhd addiction was bad... and YOU are dreaming of it!
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Apr 7, 2008, 10:00 PM
    AllHeart

I think you do a great amount of good. :) You are way more diplomatic, respectful, kinder, and gentler than I am. ;)
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2008, 10:42 PM
    I am so overwhelmed and more then touched and each of you, have helped so much.
    I wish I could give each of you a personal response, because you all are so deserving of one.

I just don't know how to thank each of you, but please know, I am going to print this thread out and read it over and over.

Perhaps it was waying on my heart, but I would never give anyone false hope.

I do believe that we all our God's children, and he wants all of us to turn to him. To turn away from him, to not accept Jesus as our Savior, to deny him, I believe will result in
    Not having eternal life in heaven.

I think it is the latter part that I don't convey clearly enough, and God wants so much for all of us to be one with Him and in his loving arms.

May God bless each of you and shine on you.

Once again, from my heart,

Thank you.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2008, 08:38 PM
    Hi Allheart,

People who read your thoughtful answers (or any answers here) know you are only speaking for yourself... and that you are speaking from a place of sensitivity.
    CakeLady Posts: 52, Reputation: 6

Apr 8, 2008, 10:10 PM
    This may all sound a little odd to all of you, but it is troubling me enough to post.

Seems last night I had a dream, believe it or not, of how I post here on AMHD in regards to religious post. ( I know, sad I am even dreaming AMHD :)

I rarely, if ever, remember my dreams. In the dream it was actually a poster ( no name of the poster in the dream), telling me to stop telling everyone they are good and everything is okay.

That was the crux of the dream, but it was pretty strong. I am not saying that God spoke to me in a dream, but the message was so strong, and softly sturn, if that makes any sense.

I guess it concerns me, as it gave me the impression I am doing more harm than good.

In my heart I beleive in God, in heaven and scarey enough in hell. I also believe in purgatory.

I guess, for those of you know my way of posting, am I doing more harm then good.

I beleive that God is a loving God and that's why I post the way I do. I am not asking you to critique my post, just to those of you who do beleive in God, am I doing more harm then good, by being so "soft" when responding about the dangers in not be one with God?

My heart it telling me that I am, or more accurately, I fear I am doing more harm then good.

I think that God would actually be upset and even angry with me, for this.

I do ask your honest opinions, and I will also pray on it.

Thank you.
    Dreams are not "God" telling you anything. Dreams are simply "brain garbage" left over from the day's events.

It's sort of like when you inhale and take things in, exhale to let things out.

Your brain stores things up all day long (inhale) and lets things OUT (exhale) at night in the form of "dreams." Proven fact.

CL

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I trust him, is he being honest to me? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm in love with a married man! When we first met a little over 1 year ago I was married to my (just recently in the past few weeks) ex-husband. I met my ex on Feb. 2 1990 and it was love at first sight, we got married in May of 1996 and just did a quick-uncontested divorce which was finalized...

Where are the honest people? [ 5 Answers ]

Owner lost house but we still paid rent, what can I do??

Honest Opinions Only, Am I Wrong? [ 16 Answers ]

I hate to "air dirty laundry" so to speak but I don't have anyone else to ask for an unbiased opinion. I have been married to good man for over 2 years now. The problem is prior to us being married and while we were still dating he cheated on me like 2 times. He had done this in his prior...

To be honest is to. What? [ 14 Answers ]

This is bound to spark an interesting discussion( Or, at least, get people talking.) Honesty is the best policy.

Unfaithful but honest [ 5 Answers ]

My Nane is Martin I'm 35 years old and have a 26 year old girlfriend, recently I came clean as I couldn't live myself and told her I had been unfaithful a few months ago that I was very sorry for doing so, but had to be honest. She was very upset and went to stay with friends where she is now 3...

View more questions Search