Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    juicysprout Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2008, 09:57 PM
    Late period, but not pregnant, what's up
    Hello!

I am two weeks late for my period and I have taken two tests, which indicated I was NOT pregnant. I have all the symptoms of a period--PMS, bloating, cramping... actually all pretty extreme, but no bleeding and no pregnancy. What else could be going on? I am usually very regular and am on BC pills
    2008chrissy Posts: 131, Reputation: 18

Apr 7, 2008, 12:34 AM
    Have you been on the birth control pills for long?
    juicysprout Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2008, 03:16 PM
    I have been on them for over two years straight.

Thanks for responding
    2008chrissy Posts: 131, Reputation: 18

Apr 7, 2008, 08:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by juicysprout
    I am two weeks late for my period and I have taken two tests, which indicated I was NOT pregnant. I have all the symptoms of a period--PMS, bloating, cramping...actually all pretty extreme, but no bleeding and no pregnancy. What else could be going on? I am usually very regular and am on BC pills

I have to say, since you are a regular long-time birth control user I'm surprised your period is so irregular. I would make an appointment with the OB. Maybe you could be pregnant. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer! Although stress (even when on birth control) and changes in age naturally will delay our period... food for thought.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late period but not pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

My period has been late for the olast month and I'm very worried about it. I'm definitely not pregnant but I've been stressing out a lot in the last few weeks, do you think this could be the reason.

Period is late, pregnant? [ 8 Answers ]

I had protected sex (with a condom) with my boyfriend almost 2 1/2 weeks before my period. Also my period is usually about 3 days late every month. I should have gotten my period on the 16th and it's now the 18th. I had felt what I thought to be pre-menstrual cramps but only 2 or 3 times during the...

Am I pregnant or is it just a really late Period? [ 8 Answers ]

I just took a Home Pregnancy Test yesterday and it was positive. I took the test because my period is more then a week late. However I woke up this morning with cramping and what looks like my period. Now I did read somewhere that bleeding can be normal but the day after I got a positive on my home...

Late Period -- Pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All =} My name is Stephanie and I am 20 years old, a newlywed at that =] I was married on August the 4th. This is my concern: My last period should have been July 26th, but it came August 2nd and only lasted until the 4th. It was very short and pretty light. I am asuming it was late...

I'm late on period.am I pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

I expected my period to be here on the 8th of this month.. it is now the 17th and I haven't gotten it yet.. my nipples are tender.and I took a pregnancy test around the 11th and it said negative.. could I still be pregnant?

View more questions Search