Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zookeeper7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2008, 08:57 PM
    What was the song title and the Show it was part of?
    "Here we are, out of cigarettes
    holding hands at midnight, see how late it gets
    two sleepy people by dawns early light
    and too much in love to say good night."
    Izannah Posts: 125, Reputation: 18

Apr 6, 2008, 09:00 PM
    Two Sleepy People
    Words & Music by Frank Loesser & Hoagy Carmichael
    Recorded by Bing Crosby*, 1944

Don't know the name of the show though... I'll keep lookin'...
    Izannah Posts: 125, Reputation: 18

Apr 6, 2008, 09:02 PM
    "Two Sleepy People" is a song written on September 10, 1938 by Hoagy Carmichael with lyrics by Frank Loesser.

As well as being recorded by Carmichael himself, the song has been performed and recorded by a number of artists including Al Bowlly, Bing Crosby, Dean Martin, Art Garfunkel, Fats Waller, and Carly Simon.

In 1939 the song was performed by Bob Hope and Shirley Ross in the film Thanks for the Memory.

It is often regarded as a companion piece to "Thanks for the Memory", written for the February 1938 film The Big Broadcast of 1938 by Leo Robin and Ralph Rainger and also performed by Bob Hope and Shirley Ross.

The song tells of a couple who are tired out, but love each other so much that they cannot bring themselves to leave each other and go to bed.

From Wikipedia...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to Figure out what Rock N Roll song this is.small part of the song. [ 6 Answers ]

It's an older Rock Song, it says never, never, never, a lot... And then a little more of the lyrics are "I walk for mile and my feet are hurting..." I think that is what it says. Thanks, Virginia:confused:

What's this song? I know part of the lyrics [ 2 Answers ]

-----no jk,jk,jk lol lol lol lol. i heart ur frikin makeup oh my god i love your hair. is that a new tattoo did that peircing frikin hurt? no jk,jk,jk, lol. lol lol lol. we're not falling in love we're just falling apart----

What title was the show? [ 1 Answers ]

There was a show I watched when I was little and I can't remember what it was called and it's driving me nuts. All I remember is it was a about a boy (I think his name was max) and his family. His uncle was a security guard or cop who owned a saint bernard. His uncle was killed when a telephone...

Title of song from TV show "lost." [ 1 Answers ]

I heard a song the TV show "lost".It aired in Oct. or Nov. 2006. It was from female artist,some of the lyrics were "a little bit slower because your much to fast".It was at the into. Of the show.

View more questions Search