Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hossbonnam Posts: 62, Reputation: 9

Apr 6, 2008, 07:55 PM
    Lice from Parakeets
    My baby's moma is in at me about my son having head lice.

I don't have lice.
    My other kids don't have lice.
    My fiancé don't have lice.

I do however have parakeets.
    Can they have the same lice that is tranmittable to humans?

Also is it true that black people don't get lice?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2008, 09:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hossbonnam
    My babys moma is in at me about my son having head lice.

I dont have lice.
    my other kids dont have lice.
    My fiance dont have lice.

I do however have parakeets.
    Can they have the same lice that is tranmittable to humans?

Also is it true that black people dont get lice?

Bird mites are called red mites - I do not believe they are transferable to humans.

And of course Black people - and Asians and Hispanics and Caucasians - can get lice.

If your son has them and has spent time in your home there's a good chance you ALL have them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting rid of lice? [ 10 Answers ]

My daughter has had lice for about 3 weeks now. Every couple of days I pull them all out of her hair, wash everything and vacuum the floor, with a clean bag. And Still they keep coming back. I am sure the source is at her school but they refuse to do anything, including checking other children. I...

Breeding Indian Ringneck Parakeets [ 4 Answers ]

I have two Indian Ringnecks, male and female. The male is still a little young but they are definitely paired... well, protective of their cage. The female bites me unless she is allowed to come out on her own, and she never did this before. Before I build them a nest box I was hoping that someone...

Daschunds and Parakeets? [ 3 Answers ]

We have two mini piebald daschunds who are normal for their breed--they love to sniff and eat whatever they find on the floor. My daughter wants a parakeet, and as I expect a lot of birdseed debris on the floor, I am wondering if eating this would be harmful to the dogs. Also if the bird got...

When dealing with longhair and Lice [ 7 Answers ]

:eek: :eek: I have a problem. I love having long hair.I just do.Okay, but then I work out and it gets sweaty, and then somehow I get lice:eek: .But then I cut it short and I don't.Right now it is short, but I want to know ANY WAYS that you know of to prevent or get rid of lice while having long...

Head lice [ 11 Answers ]

I had lice and my head itched like crazy and I felt crawling. So then my mom put mannayoise in my hair and suffacated all of them. They all came out but my head still itches... but no crawling and I don't think I have lice anymore. But the itching is my question. Am I just getting over the bites?...

View more questions Search