Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Iferman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2006, 12:16 PM
    Product Warranty question?
    Hi I bought a treadmill from a company in NJ by the internet I live in Michigan. I have warranty on the treadmill, for 1 year they will cover 100% for labor and service after that they will only cover service for the motor but not labor. The warranty has one more month left on it for the 100% coverage until it expires. My treadmill needs repair and I have contacted the company through many emails, many phone calls and they have been giving me the run around for two weeks I have heard every excuse in the book. It seems they are waiting for the warranty to expire the 100% coverage that is. What are my legal options since I live in Michigan and their company is in NJ? Can I go to small claims court in Michigan? Can I sue them for attorney fees? Please help because these companies need to stop treating consumers this way.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2006, 12:59 PM
    If you paid by a major credit card then I'd first check with the credit card company to see if you can return it and get a credit on your account.

It may very well be too late, but certainly worth a try... and if successful, certainly easier than going to court over it.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2006, 02:21 PM
    If you were to sue them, it would be in small claims court, so there would be no attorney's fees.

Next, you have contacted them. If they don't get back to you until after the warranty period, they still have a duty to fix it since you contacted them about this problem during the warranty period. Now the question will be do you have actual proof you have contacted them? Perhaps sending them a certified letter.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2006, 03:12 PM
    Hi,
    The other answers you have received at good. But, looking at reality, you are stuck.
    You will spend more on a lawyer than you probably paid for the machine. If you want to go to NJ to small claims court, that will cost money also.
    One thing I try never to do, is buy something from the web that has a warranty I might want to use someday.
    If it's an item, costing much money with a warranty, it's usually better to buy it locally, where you can get warranty repairs, or actually talk with real people where you bought it.
    I do wish you the very best of luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Warranty Deed [ 9 Answers ]

Hi I am new to the forum, but I hope someone has an answer to my questions. My husband and I bought some land in Fairfield , AR. By the way it is beautiful there, we live in California. I bought it on eBay, and you don't have to tell me that was dumb. I realize that now. They are starting to...

Warranty deeds [ 2 Answers ]

An original warranty deed for property has a restrictive covenant in it which reads: " It is agreed between the parties hereto that the above property shall not be used for any commerical purposes whatsoever and is limited to residential use only by the parties of the second part, their heirs or...

Warranty Deed [ 3 Answers ]

I need to re-write description of my property after a new survey was done. What format should I use in the heading for conveyance to self. . Thank you

Warranty deed [ 4 Answers ]

Is there particular wording on Warranty deeds for property purchased jointly by husband and wife in the state of Arizona - so that property transfers to the surviving spouse upon death and NOT into the estate?

Motherboard Warranty [ 1 Answers ]

Can anybody tell me how long are Gigabyte Motherboards under Warranty, I don't seem to be able to find out.

View more questions Search