Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alan90 Posts: 24, Reputation: 3

Apr 6, 2008, 04:49 PM
    How can I stop?
    Hi, since the age of 8 I've been masterbating now I'm 17 and had a girlfriend for the last 3 years 2 of which we've been having sex and yet I still masterbate 3-4 times a week(sometimes more). My first question is, is that normal? My second question is, if it isn't how can I stop? I am worried that maybe I am addicted since I've been doing it for almost 10 years now. I've tried to stop on a few occasions but I seem to be able to only make it a couple of weeks.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Apr 6, 2008, 05:21 PM
    Thanks for the answer but we do regularly have sex 2-3 times a week :confused: .
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2008, 06:56 PM
    Who says you have to stop? Masturbation is completely normal even while in a relationship. 3-4X a week isn't obsessive. Plus, think of it a way for you to get satisfied when you're not with your girlfriend and yet you're still being faithful to her. You only need to cut back if you're starting to have reduced sensation.

Apr 7, 2008, 02:00 AM
    Thank you very much nikosmum. That's helped a lot :)
    mum45 Posts: 62, Reputation: 28

Apr 29, 2009, 08:16 PM

Have raised a few young men. Those hormones won't just go away on their own. Masturbation is all a part of life for guys. I would actually like to just mention to you that you are 17 and sexually active, so I am only want to mention to you and your girlfriend that a monogamous relationship is safest if you choose to have, AND that you USE protection from pregnancy and STD without fail!! If not, please educate and protect yourself! Remember that sex is a very adult decision not to be taken lightly!

Info from the web: US stats
    Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reports that 19 million new STD infections occur every year. And, even more alarming, is that nearly 50 percent of these new cases happen to young people between the ages of 15 and 24. Not only that, but the American Social Health Association (ASHA) reports that half of all new HIV infections occur in teenagers.

The American Social Health Association reports that less than half of teenagers in the U.S. have had discussions about sexual health and STDs during health visits and in schools.

Source:Teen STD Statistics, stats, facts Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't stop having sex.And I want to stop. [ 53 Answers ]

:( :( :( :( :( :( I hate myself so much. I feel so guilty... So trashy... Like a whore... I can't stop having sex with my boyfriend. We want to stop... But we arnt making any progress... I feel horrible... AND

How do I stop it? [ 3 Answers ]

I just wrote a long explanation and it logged me outRRRRRRRRR! I started about 7 months ago in paranormal research. Since then I have had activity in my home and last night my daughter said she felt someone tapping her foot with cold fingers. My 16 month old son wakes every hour crying. I have...

Why won't it stop? What would make it stop? [ 6 Answers ]

I don't know why But I can't let go of my ex. I don't care about anyone else I just want her. It has been going on now for 3 months. People say time will heal, how long of time? It is beginning to destroy my life I don't even want to get out of bed. I feel that I cannot be full again with out her?...

How to tell him STOP! [ 11 Answers ]

If u really like a guy and they try to make move on u And u may lik eit but it startes getting out of hand and U tell him to stop and he gets mad how do u make him feel Better

Is there anything I can do to stop this? [ 3 Answers ]

The county sherrif's office issued a "writ of execution" just yesterday afternoon. It apparently was a default judgement entered in against me. They came to my current residence and I let them in and they proceeded to take an active inventory on what they believed to be my personal property for a...

View more questions Search