Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mikey65 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2008, 04:10 PM
    Plumbing (stink) vent pipe
    Hi - How much does it cost to replace the plumbing vent pipe (or stink pipe)? I noticed the wall behind the toilet started to crumble. So, while knocking out some of the wall I noticed near the floor a large hole was in the plumbing vent. I heard they can cut the bad part and boot the new part. Your help and direction would greatly be appreciated!
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Apr 6, 2008, 04:15 PM
    Hey Mikey... I hate to quote numbers.. so dependent on area you are from... BUT, tell me, what kind of pipe is this.. Black, cast iron or ABS plastic pipe, or white PVC pipe?

May be able to PATCH with some of the newer epoxies..? Let me know what you can... talk soon... Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Exterior Plumbing Vent, should there be a visible pipe? [ 9 Answers ]

We recently had a half bath installed on the first floor of our home. For a variety of reasons, we asked that the vent be put through the exterior wall as opposed to going up through 3 floors and through a slate roof. My question: our contractor says that the vent is there, but all I see is a...

Vent pipe turned into drain pipe and drain pipe into vent pipe [ 3 Answers ]

I recently began to remodel my laundry room. I wanted to move the washing machine 3 ft from its current spot. When I removed the sheet rock I found that the vent pipe is between the current washing machine drain and where I am moving my washing machine. I wanted to avoid breaking into the slab....

Stink from a leaky vent pipe [ 3 Answers ]

I am redoing my kitchen and when I tried to take the sink out the vent pipe literally came apart, as though it was not even attached. There was a terrible smell in the kitchen and we thought it was the cabinets. We took out the cabinets, and they did smell, we also took out the walls. When I...

Soil Stack Vent Pipe/Stench Pipe ( Smelly Drains ) [ 3 Answers ]

I have a downstairs toilet and upstairs toilet ,one above the other.. The soil/stench pipe connects upwards to above the Roof heaves and downward into the sewer... Coupled into the sewer also is a Gully trap drain to take sink and bath / shower wastes and from time to time , from that drain gully...

View more questions Search