Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fosterparent Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2008, 02:17 PM
    Foster kids
    I was told it is not good for little kids to sleep together boys or girls.

I have a 1 and 2 year old foster sisters and was told they can't sleep together.

Being takien away from their parents is tramatic and I don't see just for a little while why they can't sleep together?:rolleyes:
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2008, 02:29 PM
    At that age they should be allowed to stay in the same room for awhile so they just might not want you to feel real bad for something sad that might have happened.
    I take it it is your mom and dad that have them?
    How old are you?
    Izannah Posts: 125, Reputation: 18

Apr 6, 2008, 02:52 PM
    By whom where you told not to let the children sleep together? From your name I gather you are the foster parent and therefore on some level dealing with either a Case Worker from Health and Human Services or a Foster Agency. If they specifically told you not to have the children sleep together, there may very well be a logical reason for it (although at that age I can't imagine what it is) and their instructions should be followed as they are mandated to look after the best interests of the children.
    As a foster care provider, it is your duty to ask questions about the care of the children to make sure that you understand and maintain the health and welfare of the kids.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2008, 03:00 PM
    I have a feeling the OP's parents are the foster parents.
    Not sure though. The more I read it the more I am not sure what they are saying.
    Were they taken away because they were sleeping together or do you want them to sleep together?
    I am not sure why the placement didn't go over everything with you if you are the foster parent.
    ldyastrid Posts: 82, Reputation: 12

Apr 7, 2008, 09:04 AM
    I'm thinking "can't sleep together" means not in the same bed... I would imagine they can share a bedroom, just not the same bed. As a foster parent, all you need to do is contact the agency (either where you got your license or the social worker that is assigned to the case) and get clarification about what they mean specifically if you are unsure.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 7, 2008, 10:16 AM
    Family and Children's services have RULES, there is no laws, but the rules of the agency that supplies the children for foster care has to be followed.

And yes, many have rules that different sex children can not share a bed, and believe me, inspectors follow the letter of the rules, not the meaning of them

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foster records [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I am trying to help a friend out at the momment. She was fostered when she was younger and has no answers of why. She was fostered for 2yrs then went back to her biological mother. How could we get hold of her records to find out why she was put there. Thank you.

Foster kids [ 4 Answers ]

My brother and his wife are foster parents to two little girls 5 and 9. Origionally he wanted to adopt them, the problem is both girls are out of control and they lie and break everything and tear wallpaper down and now my nephew is starting to act like them. We all have become attached to these...

Penn Foster Creditable [ 2 Answers ]

I was thinking about signing up for my Associates in Accounting with Penn Foster Online colleg, Is it a good school and will employers consider online college graduates?

View more questions Search