Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rpc50 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2008, 10:51 AM
    11 hp briggs on a 33" Snapper
    Hi,

I have an 11hp Briggs on a 33" 1983 Snapper rider. I am basically restoring this mower and I have hit a snag. The engine idols very strong. However, when I put it into gear it begins to sputter. If I try to engage the blade while in gear, it stalls out.

So far I have changed the plug, oil, air filter and adjusted the carb back to the original engine setting (according to the manual). I have adjusted the carb up and down and it doesn't seem to matter... Still idols great and stalls out as soon as I put it into gear/engage the blade.

Is this a problem with the high speed jet? If so, how do you fix?

Thanks!
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2008, 07:45 PM
    Remove the carb and clean it thouroughly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

26HP twin "V" overhead valve Briggs and stratton nightmare! [ 10 Answers ]

Ok, this is going to be a long post/question, but necessary for everybody to get the whole picture. I purchased 3 (non working) identical 26HP briggs engines. The idea was to get them running, and sell 2 of them, getting the 3rd one free. They are intek 446777 overhead valve engines. I...

Snapper 28" Rider Hub Removal [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 28" Snapper rider I am trying to repair the differential assembly. I have it apart, but can not remove the wheel hub on the shaft allowing removal of the gears. I need to replace the small chain sprocket, but can not remove the hub. Local dealers have been unable to help. It looks like...

Briggs & Stratton 25 HP Intek Engine "Racing" [ 2 Answers ]

My 25 HP Intek Twin Model 445777 Type 0134 engine with 47 hours, clean gas, oil and filters, started "racing," after one hour of mowing this week, blowing smoke. I've mowed three times this season; over one hour each with no problem. Choke now runs in "reverse," meaning that I have to push it all...

1985 41" Snapper riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

Just tuned up the old snapper for the summer.Changed the oil and spark plug,new blades, new battery patched up a rust spot and replaced the starter. This thing has never run better until I ran over a large runner that we put on the deck, my bad. The mower stopped running as soon as it picked up the...

Flywheel help on briggs/stratton 13hp snapper [ 11 Answers ]

My threads are knackered on the end of my flywheel for the pull start is there any way to bodge it up even if it means welding a bolt on the top just to hold the flywheel on:confused:

View more questions Search