Ask
    mckman36 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2003, 10:07 AM
    Deep frying
    I recently bought a deep fryer
    I would like to try deep frying chicken drumsticks
    I already have the batter coating mix but I'm not sure
    How to do this operation
    I read somewhere that I should place the chicken on a rack and let it dry out in the fridge for a day
    Should I boil the drumsticks first?
    How long do I cook them?
    Can you please give me some expert advice and/or cooking tips on this deep oiled topic... thanks
    rrt69 Posts: 89, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2004, 04:29 PM
    deep frying
    I've found a recipe instead but I hope it some help.

1 (4 pound) whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
    1 quart buttermilk
    1 tablespoon salt
    3 cups all-purpose flour
    1 (4.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
    1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon ground black pepper
    Oil for frying

1 In a large resealable plastic bag, combine chicken, buttermilk and salt. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
    2 Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
    3 In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, Italian dressing mix, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Remove chicken from buttermilk, and coat well with flour mixture. Let set on a plate for about 10 minutes.
    4 Fry in hot oil until meat is no longer pink, and breading is golden brown, about 20 minutes. Drain on paper towels.

Editor's Note
    We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount may vary depending on cook time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.

Makes 8 servings
    [email protected] Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2006, 10:01 PM
    I like your recipe. Mine is similar. Good seasons Italian dressing,Poultry seasoning,garlic powder,onion powder,parsley,crushed red pepper flakes,flour,milk,eggs,hot sauce. Mix together all dry seasonings. Soak chicken in milk eggs,hot sauce. Dip in flour mixture, drop into deep fryer for 15 to 20 minutes. You can tell when it's done by the way it feels. Light
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2006, 08:20 AM
    Hi, Mckman,
    I would only like to add that the oil you use for frying should be looked at closely. The better oils, more healthy, are those from Vegetable Oils or as I use, Canola Oil.
    I do wish you good and tasty cooking!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In deep trouble [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I are very very deep in debt and aren't exactly sure where to start. We opened a manufacturing business in middle eastern jewelry last year. With a heavy heart my husband closed the business this past June due to the sluggish economy. Now we are stuck with a 200,000 debt and no...

Deep and flat structure [ 3 Answers ]

What are the deep structure diagram and the flat structure diagram, any one can send simple shapes of those kinds. Thanks in advance

Deep Question on Religion [ 6 Answers ]

I am not sure if I should be sending this question to the "religion" part of the "ask me help desk website" or to the "philosophy: section. Well, here goes. I was raised Catholic. Therefore I was taught the Jesus walked the earth 2000 years ago. My first question is, when will we stop saying...

Deep in debt [ 2 Answers ]

I am 23 years old and $29,000 in debt. This is a compulation of credit cards, student loans and utilities. I have recently moved back home and am working at Target (I live in a small town and there is little work - I drive 40 minutes as it is) for $7 an hour. I cannot get a checking account, let...

View more questions Search