Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samfixit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2008, 05:32 AM
    Remote garage door opener
    I purchased a home with a Craftsman remote garage door opener that is outside the garage. Model # 139.53876 with push bottons 1-0 (no # and no *). I know the old four code number but need to know how to change the code with a new code number.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2008, 06:32 AM
    Here you go:
    http://www.managemyhome.com/mmh/lis_...M/L0707407.pdf
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2008, 06:39 AM
    Press the 4 buttons for the present password, then press and hold the # button
    The open light will blink twice
    Press the new 4 digit password you have chosen, then press enter
    The opener light will blink once when the password has been learned
    Test by pressing the new password, then press enter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Overhead Door garage door opener light just blinks? [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: My 15 y/o Overhead Door (brand) garage door opener was working fine opening & closing until a few days ago. It has very low usage because I mostly park my car outside the garage door. Now when I press the remote control w/ new battery OR the hard wired wall switch, the light on the...

Remote garage door opener (reprogram) [ 3 Answers ]

Help! Can't find owners manual to Craftsman 1/2 remote garage door opener. I believe I accidentally erased codes from garage ceiling unit. There is a learn button, I know how to change the code on the outside keypad, but how do I reprogram the unit on the ceiling of the garage to accept the new...

How do I sync the keyless pad garage door opener to the main garage door opener? [ 3 Answers ]

I mistakenly gave someone my garage door opener that didn't return it. I had a male friend come over and "change the code" including my car opener and gave me a universial which he also programmed. I came to realize my code for my keyless pad outside doesn't work (since he changed the code... )....

Garage door opener [ 1 Answers ]

I need to change the password on a Craftsman keyless entry system. The system is for a garage door model #139.53662SRT

Garage door opener prevents door from opening all the way -- how to fix? [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I moved into a house three months ago and we didn't realize this problem before we bought it. I'm trying to solve a problem with an existing garage door and Genie opener which due to the amount of backroom along the tracks, doesn't allow me to open the garage door the full length...

View more questions Search