Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2008, 12:43 AM
    Sunday Morning Humor #3
    While walking along the sidewalk in front of his church, our minister heard the intoning of a prayer that nearly made his collar wilt. Apparently his five-year-old son and his playmates had found a dead robin.

Feeling that proper burial should be performed, they had secured a small box and cotton batting, then dug a hole and made ready for the disposal of the deceased. The minister's son was chosen to say the appropriate prayers and with sonorous dignity intoned his version of what he thought his father always said, "Glory be unto the Faaaather, and unto the Sonnnn. . . and into the hole you goooo."

~~~~~

The Sunday school teacher was carefully explaining the story of Elijah the Prophet and the false prophets of Baal. She explained how Elijah built the altar, put wood upon it, cut the steer in pieces and laid it upon the altar. And then Elijah commanded the people of God to fill four barrels of water and pour it over the altar. He had them do this four times. "Now, said the teacher, "can anyone in the class tell me why the Lord would have Elijah pour water over the steer on the altar?"

A little girl raised her hand with great enthusiasm and said "To make the gravy!"

~~~~~

A Sunday School class was studying the Ten Commandments. They were ready to discuss the last one. The teacher asked if anyone could tell her what it was.

Susie raised her hand and shouted out, "Thou shall not take the covers off they neighbor's wife."

~~~~~

A child came home from Sunday School and told his mother that he had learned a new song about a cross-eyed bear named Gladly. It took his mother a while before she realized that the hymn was really "Gladly The Cross I'd Bear."

~~~~~

Nine-year-old Joey was asked by his mother what he had learned in Sunday School. Well, Mom, our teacher told us how God sent Moses behind enemy lines on a rescue mission to lead the Israelites out of Egypt. When he got to the Red Sea, he had his engineers build a pontoon bridge, and all the people walked across safely. He used his walkie-talkie to radio headquarters and call in an air strike. They sent in bombers to blow up the bridge and all the Israelites were saved.

"Now, Joey, is that REALLY what your teacher taught you?" his mother asked.

"Well, no, Mom, but if I told it the way the teacher did, you'd never believe it!"

~~~~~

Every evening, a mother and her young son, knelt down beside his bed so he could say his prayers. One night, obviously bored with the same old prayer, the little boy said this: "Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep, if I should die before I wake......can I have breakfast with you in the morning?"

~~~~~

One day a boy and his grandparents came to visit the 150-year-old church, a national landmark, where I was working one summer. As they toured the church, the grandfather was explaining some of the features, and the boy listened attentively. Then they reached the confessional in the back.

"I know what this is!" the boy said excitedly, turning to his grandfather. "This is time out, isn't it?"
    THEpurplepeanut Posts: 195, Reputation: 8

Dec 20, 2008, 09:35 PM

Lol good ones! I liked the one about what joey learned about moses in Sunday school! :D
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2008, 02:41 AM

Yeah, the one about Joey is kind of a taste of reality!
    frangipanis Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2008, 05:53 PM

That was my favourite too... very funny.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sunday Morning Humor #1 [ 7 Answers ]

Casey asked her Sunday school teacher a question: "If the people of Israel are Israelites, and the people of Canann are Canannites, are the people of Paris called Parasites? **** A Sunday school teacher was telling her class the story of the Good Samaritan, in which a man was beaten, robbed...

Sunday Morning Humor #2 [ 3 Answers ]

A father took his five-year-old son to several baseball games where The Star-Spangled Banner was sung before the start of each game. Then the father and son attended a church on a Sunday shortly before Independence Day. The congregation sang The Star-Spangled Banner, and after everyone sat down,...

Welcome to Sunday Morning! [ 4 Answers ]

:) IF YOU KNOW YOUR HYMNS, IT IS A HOOT!! :) Dentist's Hymn.. . Crown Him with Many Crowns Weatherman's Hymn... There Shall Be Showers of Blessings Contractor's Hymn... The Church's One Foundation The Tailor's Hymn... Holy, Holy, Holy The Golfer's Hymn... There's a Green Hill Far Away...

Sunday Morning Reword [ 1 Answers ]

Still More A Good Pun is Its Own Reword - He had a photographic memory that was never developed. - A plateau is a high form of flattery. - The short fortuneteller who escaped from prison was a small medium at large. - Once you've seen one shopping center, you've seen a mall.

Sunday morning with coffee [ 2 Answers ]

A Frog on the Psychic Hotline A frog telephones the Psychic Hotline and is told, "You are going to meet a beautiful young girl who will want to know everything about you." The frog says, "This is great! Will I meet her at a party, or what?" "No," says the psychic. "Next semester in her...

View more questions Search