IT Helpp Posts: 35, Reputation: 4

Apr 8, 2008, 11:19 AM
    Start here:

SBA: WHERE TO OBTAIN BUSINESS LICENSES
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2008, 11:39 AM
    Hello Adrian:

I would hire a CPA. Not only will he know what licenses you need, he can set your books up right and get you going in the right direction. They're not very much money either... But, worth their weight in gold.

excon
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2008, 02:16 PM
    There are also links at the bottom of this page to questions about starting a moving company that you might want to click on and see what the answers have been to various aspects of starting a moving company.
    SBU Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Apr 8, 2008, 09:18 PM
    I agree that a CPA would be great help in starting your business and you should also have a lawyer help you with the licensing depending on what type of licensing your looking for. Each state has differing regulations over local and state licensing. This also changes if you are going to form and LLC or just be self-employed as a sole-proprietor. I would recommend first looking at your states "Secretary of State" website which will have all the explanations you need. If you are going to form an LLC than use a lawyer, especially if other people (friends/family) are involved; if you are just going to have a sole-proprietorship than you can probably just use a good CPA and insurance broker.
    Eliya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2008, 09:27 AM

You need a DOT and PUC licenses , go to puc.gov and dot.gov and it will probably take about 2 months from the time you apply..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Starting my own moving company? [ 2 Answers ]

How should I go about starting up my own moving company in Texas and be legal to move,with out getting in trouble by the law? Such as licensed and bonded by the state and fully insured

Is there profit in starting own moving company? [ 1 Answers ]

Things I need to know in starting own moving company and trash removal. I'm thinking about buying 1 18 footer truck. Thank you.

Moving Business [ 1 Answers ]

I want to start a moving business how do I do so ?

Starting, a moving company [ 1 Answers ]

Where do I begin?

Starting a moving company [ 3 Answers ]

How do I start a small moving business?

View more questions Search