Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    misslynn2008 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2008, 07:22 PM
    Covering a brick fireplace
    I have a brick fireplace that I would like cover with would board panels. Can this be done?
    Any suggestions.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2008, 12:59 AM
    Is the fireplace one that is usable as a fireplace for building a fire? Are you wanting to cover over the opening of the fireplace?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 9, 2008, 07:07 AM
    Yes, we do need more info. I can't tell if you aretrying to hide and cover up the entire fireplace or if you just want to create a new fasade instead of brick.
    the1unv Posts: 285, Reputation: 31

Apr 9, 2008, 08:31 PM
    I built a wood fire place once... it burnt for 2 hours... then was all gone. No more fire place... yes more info needed.
    Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Covering brick with stone [ 5 Answers ]

Is it it possible to mortar over top a brick fireplace using real stone and have it be safe and useable?

Brick fireplace [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for info on how to make a brick fireplace smooth? How or what products do I need to make that possible without it cracking?

Refinishing brick fireplace [ 13 Answers ]

I want to get rid of an ugly brick fireplace in the easiest manner. Is it possible to just prime it and use venetian plaster paint... or use a quick crete or sand topping over the brick and then prime and paint that?

Refinishing brick fireplace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a used brick fireplace, which is dark, and want to change the look. What can use/do to make it look different or more modern?

View more questions Search