Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wonderboy2402 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2008, 05:24 PM
    80's Sci Fi animated film ID?
    Hello, I have a request to Identify an obscure Science fiction animated film I saw many many years ago. I believe it to be an early 80's film, though it could be 70's... I watch a lot of anime and what I can recall it wasn't anime? Perhaps an american film. I was only perhaps 6 when I saw it but I remember a few key scenes.

1.) There are these strange armored robots incased in black armor, each has a red jewel or something in its chest. They have some built in laser in their hands that turns objects to stone when shot.

2.) There is a scene where these robots are transporting egg shaped objects on a platform and are attacked by a large lizard thing, that mistakes them for eggs.

3.) At some point, the heroes I think visit a city full of strange mutant beings, the one I remember the most is a creature that had its head in its stomach area...

4.) I can remember the music also effecting me deeply.

Please, its been bothering me for years! Any ideas?
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Apr 9, 2008, 06:51 PM
    It sounds like a film by Renee Laloux, either Gandahar (1988, aka "Light Years") or Fantastic Planet (1973).

Vasily

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for an 80's animated film [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm looking for a title of an 80's animated film which I think starts with 8-10 astronauts crash landing on a planet where they find a bunch of good and evil robots. After the crash there is some sort of mutiny with the astronauts and half of them leave the rest of the crew to team up with the...

Identify 80's sci-fi futuristic fantasy animated film! [ 3 Answers ]

I don't remember much about it. Animated, futuristic, space fantasy. The main character's a blonde girl. At one point, she gets swallowed by quicksand. Near the end, she's riding a giant "alien," a very large creature, big like a stadium, with yellow, glowing tentacles at the bottom. Very...

80's Sci/Fi animated movie set in space [ 5 Answers ]

As a kid in the 80's I remember seeing an animated film set in space. One of the characters was a fussy female robot whom I remember having an access panel over her derrière. (the things you remember as a little kid!) It was also the first animated film in whichI had ever heard the characters...

Looking for the title to an 80's Sci-Fi film [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for the title to a film/Pilot episode I saw in my youth. I can't remember much about it except that it started with an astronaut spacewalking. He was subjected to cosmic rays directly to his eyes. When he returned to earth he had powers etc triggered by sunlight. His eyes would change...

Animated Film Of The 80's [ 2 Answers ]

This One Is Partly Animated And Partly Not, All I Remember Is This Little Boy That Ends Up Going Down Into The Ocean Or Just A Lake Or Whatever And It Is This New Land And He Has So Much Fun, I Can't Remember I Think He Might Have Became A Fish But Maybe Not, But He Had This Magical Day In The...

View more questions Search