Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Daryldunmore Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2008, 01:17 PM
    Maytag gas dryer SDG3606AWW, no flame
    When the dryer is cool the flame will come on but after 3 or 4 minutes it goes out and will not lite again, the igniter comes on but no flame.
    Daryldunmore Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2008, 02:02 PM
    I replaced the 2 coils on the gas valve, working OK now

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Neptune Gas Dryer Flame Not Present [ 1 Answers ]

Our Maytag Neptune Gas Dryer MOD: MDG3000AWW, S/N: 13282488UU, does not dry on either heat setting (normal; perm press). Thanks to earlier discussions on this site, I learned to check the igniter, which I've found does not glow. What should I do next? Never mind - I pulled the igniter out and...

Gas dryer trouble with flame [ 1 Answers ]

My Kenmore gas dryer takes 2 or 3 cycles to do what it used to in 1 cycle. Observing the flame, it runs about 45 seconds then cuts off even with a full wet load. It will cycle back on then shut off again after running about 45 seconds. I suspect that either the thermal limiter, wherever that is, is...

Maytag gas dryer, replacing gas valve coils [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I hope someone can help me. My Maytag gas dryer's igniter glows but then no flame appears. I believe it is the gas valve coils that are bad, so I purchased a replacement kit (3 coils). The instructions say to match the colors of the wires, but my replacement kit has red, black, white...

Maytag gas dryer flame on 10 sec per 1 minute. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Maytag gas dryer, model number DG9800. When turned on the tumbler will rotate, the flame will ignite for about ten seconds, go out for a minute, then reignite. The high limit thermostat is what opens and closes the gas valve. The vent line is clear. It takes a LONG time to dry a load...

View more questions Search