Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bmarigoni Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2008, 09:30 AM
    Installing fifth wheel hitch
    I installed a Reese 15K fifth wheel hitch in a 1985 chevy 3/4 ton longbed.

I have 8 bolt holes, (2 on each end of rail x 2 rails) One bolt on each corner is attached to a bracket that is welded to the frame of the truck, and the other bolt is just through the bed. I am sure I have sufficient anchorage, however I used regular galvanized carriage bolts when I installed it. Do I need the grade 8 hardened bolts for this install?

Just pulling a 30 foot fifth wheel camp trailer.

Haven't pulled anything.. until I know if the bolts are sufficient.

Thanks!

Bm

Check out some similar questions!

9n hitch lower link [ 3 Answers ]

Have a 9n tractor with loose lower link where it attaches to tractor. Both sides have a bolt but it just turns like there is a nut on the inside. Any suggestions how to tighten this?

Trailer Hitch [ 3 Answers ]

On either a 2006 or 2007 PT Cruiser can I carry a lift gate and a scooter? Total about 300 lbs.

Tilt-wheel steering wheel problem [ 1 Answers ]

On my 1998 Buick Park Ave the tilt-wheel will no longer change positions. A couple of days ago I got in the car, adjusted the steering wheel and heard something Pop. Since then, the steering wheel will only stay in that position. Does anyone know how I might go about fixing this problem? ...

MS Word 2000 hitch [ 12 Answers ]

For some reason Word began keeping minimazed only the last one of the few documents I am working on, making word processing very laborious and frustrating having to continuously re-download the other files that disappeared after minimazing them. Hope some kind souls could advise me. Thanks....

Trailer hitch [ 4 Answers ]

I have a used truck with an odd trailer hitch receiver which is 1&7/8 inch rather than the usual 1&1/2 or 2 inch receiver & am looking to find where I can purchase a 1&7/8 inch insert bar (the part that actually holds the hitch ball). Any help would be appreciated.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.