Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    naila99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2008, 12:09 AM
    Low level formatting error in FORUS audio recorder
    I have a FORUS Digital Audio Recorder FSV-1000. Last 2 years it was good. Some days ago it is giving error "need low level formatting" "too many bad sectors". But while I give the job to do the Forus giving massage "low format 100%. please wait." After waiting several hours it cannot complete the formatting. ten it goes to power failure as it is operated by 2 "AAA" batteries.

Forus is connected to PC by software. I have tried to see the Forus 256mb drive by using "disk management" and also by "partition magic". But all in vain.

How can I run the recorder or reformat it. I need help. Please suggest me.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Apr 5, 2008, 02:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by naila99
    Please suggest me.
    Small "bad sectors" have the habit to grow into Big "bad sectors".
    So once they appear, it is time to change the medium that holds the data as soon as possible. Clearly the unit has been damaged in some way.

Note that with reformatting you lose all data on your drive.
    Reformatting however seldom leads to the disappearance of "bad sectors". All that happens is that the location of these sectors is noted, and that the drive remembers where they are, and therefore not uses these locations any longer. But the damage almost always continues to increase, and the problem gets bigger and bigger.

Get another drive, and copy the still available data asap to that new drive.
    Soon there is hardly anything left to copy...

Success!
    As always : if you require more info, please let me know. If this solves your problem, please rate the answer provided! Feed back is always appreciated!
    ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

!driver! Forus [ 18 Answers ]

I have been all over the net and can not find drivers for this @@!#thing It's a (FORUS® Digital Voice Recorder Pro)( Model# Fsv-1000) USB connect All spelling is correct Is there a program that will let me access the files? Like a standard memory driver?

My mp3 player giving write protect error while formatting [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Everybody, I am getting write protect error while copying songs to my mp3 player, also getting the same whil formatting the mp3 player. Please help me to make my mp3 player work. Regards, Ajit

Forus fsv 1000 flash recorder driver [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for a driver for my Forus fsv 1000 digital voice recorder. The one in the installation disk doesn't work any more, and I don't know why. I tried to Google around but couldn't find anything. Thanks, Khen [email protected]

Enhancing Audio Level [ 1 Answers ]

Used a Sony HDV Camcorder to record video. Using Adobe Premiere Pro 7.0 to edit. Source video's audio level is too low. Can hear but only when PC's sound is turned all the way up. Looking for suggestions on how to increase to audio level. The audio is clear - in that it's not background...

View more questions Search