Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Az4R1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2008, 10:35 PM
    Can I claim travel to home country expense to stamp H1B?
    I'm working in US under H1B since Oct 2006 and I am a Malaysian citizen.
    I went back to Malaysia in December 2007 to get my H1B visa stamped, can I claim the travel expense - airfare, fees, etc? If so, can I claim 100% of the expenses? And, are there specific forms to file the claim on?

Thanks in advance for the help!
    -A
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Apr 4, 2008, 11:55 PM
    No you can deduct the expenses. They are personal expenses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there tax deduction for home loan in other country for property in that country? [ 6 Answers ]

If a person is carrying a home loan in some other country (outside US) for some property in that country is there any tax relief/deduction from IRS for such person ?

Travel expense tax deductions [ 3 Answers ]

I work with a woman who lives in Lubbock, Texas but works fulltime in Dallas and deducts her travel expenses on her tax returns each year. She says that she is able to do this because she takes occasional temporary (travel nursing) jobs in California and Nevada sometime during the year which...

Travel/relocation expense deduction [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am from india on F-1 visa status. I have question regarding travel/relocation expenses. Actually I moved form ND to MN (200 miles) on 18th may 2006 (jobs starts from 22nd may 2006) and I worked over their until 7th jan 2007 then I took leave(unpaid just) form their meanwhile I have another...

Out of Country (during H1B) and Change from F1 to OPT to H1B [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, First of all a great service and a great site with loads of useful information. Here is my scenario: Dec 2003 to May 2005 - F1 Status June 2005 to Sept 2005 - OPT (F1) Status Oct 1, 2005 to Dec 2005 - H1B status My company sent me to its branch in INDIA office for a special project...

View more questions Search