Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babigirl1 Posts: 127, Reputation: 12

Apr 4, 2008, 07:32 PM
    very scared
    my husband is addicted to pain pills. He got into trouble with the law back in 2006 and they ordered him to take drug test for 1 year. He took the first 3 and passed. Then he went out of town to work and that was the week they called him to come in and he couldn't, so he was sent back to the courts. It has taken them this long to get him . Now today He got a call to be in this coming Monday for 2 drug test. Before when he went it was only one test. We aren't sure what the second test is. But this morning he took 2 lortab 10s and Sunday he took 3 darvocets. Now he went to the doctor last week and the Doctor gave him cough medication with codeine in it. Do you think he will pass the test or not. I don't know how all this works. Can someone help me understand all this. Thanks so much. Also to let you know what is on his record on what he got caught in his system in the past. One DUI Darvocets and the other was PI Meth.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2008, 07:53 PM
    If these are prescription drugs that the doctor prescribed to him then all he should have to do is show them the bottles.
    The DUI darvocets would mean he had too much darvocets (alcohol too?) in him while he was driving.

Apr 4, 2008, 08:06 PM
    He only had a small bottle of cough medication with codiene in it. A week ago. He doesn't have a perscription for the lortabs he took today. Someone at work gave them to him. Or the darvocets he stole from me . And yes he had a very large amount of darvocets in his system when he got pulled over. He couldn't even walk straight. Does anyone know if he will pass the test. Or not. I was in the hospital and he took them from my purse. I have never given anyone my pills.

Apr 14, 2008, 08:24 PM
    Just to let everyone know he failed the drug test
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2008, 08:29 PM
    What's going to happen now?
    Do you know yet?
    midnitefyrfly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2008, 09:57 PM
    Just FYI... typically pain pills take 3-7 days to get out of your system. Sorry he failed... maybe the courts will get him in a decent program to help his addication- you can hope. I am 2 years into strict probation because of a pessesion charge... it's tough, but better to just stay straight while on paper or they will just keep making it worse. Good luck.

Jun 18, 2009, 06:57 PM

Just to give an update. We are no longer married and we live 400 miles apart, he would not stop the pills and has just since we have been apart been in jail again.
    cowdough Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Jun 20, 2009, 05:08 AM
    He isn't a pill addict... darvocets are just strong ibuprofen... and loricets are NOT even close to being soft-core... I mean, he will fail a drug test... :( but look at the bright side... I know people that abuse very serious medications... your hubby needs to stop taking children's pain medicene... lol...

Jun 20, 2009, 12:30 PM

He isn't my husband anymore.. he is now on meth. So you shouldn't lol... on things like this. It took a very happy marriage and destroyed it... and it has destroyed a good man and made him into a drug addict. If you can't post nice thing than don't post anything... just to let you also know (this is a place to help others not hurt them )
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2009, 04:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cowdough View Post
    he isn't a pill addict....darvocets are just strong ibuprofen...and loricets are NOT even close to being soft-core....i mean, he will fail a drug test....:( but look at the bright side...i know people that abuse very serious medications....your hubby needs to stop taking children's pain medicene....lol....
    The question isn't about how strong the meds are or that you consider them children's pain medicine or anything like that. It is about these things being in his system and him failing his drug test. The strength of Ibuprofen and the fact that others abuse very serious meds isn't the issue at all I am sure the court isn't looking at it that way!
    raychi Posts: 48, Reputation: 3

Jun 21, 2009, 12:18 AM

If the drugs he is taking ae prescription drugs, would it be possible for him to take the doctors note to show the court? That will then rule out some of the drugs in his system and hopefully he won't get in so much trouble. The court will see that he HAD to take the drugs. Because they are prescribed for him.
    MeghanM Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2009, 11:18 PM
    I am so sorry about everything but try and be grateful that you were able to get out and help yourself. Many women aren't strong enough to leave. My advise is to go to an alanon meeting, getting a sponsor and working the steps. It will help you a lot.

And for the dumbass that said he isn't an addict... Maybe you should you think before you speak.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm really scared [ 9 Answers ]

I was suppose to be on my period on the 15th of march and it is now cuming into April and I'm quite scared as I have slept with my boyfriend a few times and I'm scared I'm pregnant? I always use protection! I took a test at college just to check and it was negative should I do it again to be sure?...

Scared down there [ 3 Answers ]

I got hemorroids 12 yrs ago giving birth. I take meds that constipate me a lot. I am HORRIFIFED I have a HUGE ONE AND MY PANTIES ARE FULLL OF BLOOD. What do I do?? Thanks

Alone and scared [ 10 Answers ]

I really need some advice, I don't know who to ask anymore. I am ten weeks pregnant, I am only 17 and my boyfriend is 19, we have been together for two years and had a fantsatic relationship, this has come as a huge shock to the both of us as we definatley weren't planning it to happen. When we...

I'm Scared. [ 5 Answers ]

I am scared I took a pregnancy test and it tested positive and I have signs of being pregnant but I also get theses signs when I have my period. But I am also getting cramps similar to my period cramps. I went to my Doctor and told him I was late but he said to wait because my period is irregular...

View more questions Search