Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2006, 06:19 PM
    Dripping inside refrigerator
    I recently moved into a new apartment. The frig there is decent but it leaks inside the refrigerator section. It seems that if I turn the dial up too high, my butter feezes... and if I turn it down any lower, the freezer drips into the frig. Is there anything I can do to stop this?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 9, 2006, 06:31 PM
    Clean out the freezer drain line located usually at the back of the frigde.when this line is clogged it backs up into the refrigerator,its nothing more than a plastis line at the back of the freezer leading to an elbow(plastic) and another plastic tube going to the bottom pan to evaporate ,the clog is usually in the plastic elbow.:cool:
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2006, 06:36 PM
    Talaniman... a jack of ALL trades! Thank you, sir! :cool:
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

Feb 9, 2006, 09:28 PM
    Sometimes, depending on the brand, simply cleaning out the drain isn't so easy. If you run into trouble, get the model number and I can help you.
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2006, 11:35 AM
    I didn't get a chance to look at it last night... but I will over the weekend. If I run into problems, I will let you know, applguy. Thank you very much for the offer!
    citygirljo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2010, 09:38 PM
    I had the same dripping from freezer over fridge and thanks to the informative people here I was able to fix it myself. Not bad for a 49 year old gal. My 15 year old Roper fridge started leaking water from the freezer through the top back area of the fridge. Tired of the towel and the pan to collect the water I came here for help. My freezer has the "false floor" tray style bottom and 2 screws securing it. I didn't have the ratchet needed and bought one at tmy local dollar store, yep 1 buck. I put all the frozen foods in the refrigerator, unplugged it and removed the false floor in the freezer. There was over 1/4 inch of ice there and deeper towards the back where it should be draining. I defrosted it, put it back together and have had no dripping in the 3 weeks since. I was proud of myself for fixing such an easy thing. My nephew has had the same problem with his fridge for over 2 years and I told him how to fix it!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2010, 06:14 AM

This thread is from 2006, long dead.
    Angrycustomer Posts: 79, Reputation: -1

Jul 12, 2010, 09:20 PM

Yeah, it's a top mount probably a 18 or 20 cubic foot. Something like that? Those boxes can't be wiped out enough. After you remove the freezer wall and clear the drain and water under the pan remove the refrigerator counsel to expose the duct from above to be sure ice isn't present. When you throw it back together line up the foam and if you want to get cute use permagum to seal it. I always add a heat sink if its happened a lot and make sure the blocks are tight against the back wall for the evaporator. It might help to raise the coil an inch closer to the fan. Then you will be on your way to solving the next problem. I bet your butter isn't on the door in the compartment. If it is you might have your work cut out for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmoore fridge dripping water inside [ 6 Answers ]

I have a kenmoore fridge that is dripping water from the top side of the fridge compartment (traditional freezer on top style). It appears to be coming from an assembly containing a plastic (condensate?) hose that runs down the middle of the "ceiling" of the fridge compartment and drips near the...

Dripping noise [ 5 Answers ]

We have a dripping noise coming from the upstairs bathroom, that we hear in the ceiling of the room below. It drips during and after we shower, but there is no water damage on the ceiling. We even checked the recessed lights and the fan/vent in the downstairs bathroom, and there's no water! It...

Repainting inside of Hot Tub [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Hope Someone Can Help Me, I Would Like To Repaint The Inside Of My Hot Tub As It Has Faded. Could Somebody Please Tell Me What I Would Need To Get, If It Is Possible To Do, And Where Would I Buy The Product I Would Need To Do This?

Kenmore Washer dripping inside tub [ 1 Answers ]

My Kenmore Washer constantly drips inside of the tub after a wash cycle has completed. I have to turn the water off after each wash to stop the washer from dripping. Do you know what could be causing this problem?

Peeing inside [ 3 Answers ]

Help! I have a lovely golden retreiver who we adopted this last July. He is about 3 years old and the best dog ever in every way except this new peeing inside thing. It happens when we are home, and he has access to outside, or has just been outside, when he will go into another room and pee. ...

View more questions Search