Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    izabeld777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2008, 03:24 PM
    Just started my own cleaning business
    I finally did it and started my own cleaning business. I incorporated the name, purchased insurance, made business cards and flyers. Now I want to get licensed. Where do I go and how much does it usually cost? I live in Illinois
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2008, 04:57 PM
    Generally, to see if you need a license and obtain one, you would see city officials where you will be working. Are you sure that you need a license? I also live in Illinois and have not heard of someone who did cleaning needing a license. But, I suppose it might depend on the city and whether you operate out of a store front or not.
    SBU Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Apr 12, 2008, 09:01 PM
    Like Clough said, obtaining a business license, if necessary, is usually pretty quick. Just go to city hall and they will direct you in the right direction.
    Angel Cleaning Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2012, 12:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by izabeld777 View Post
    I finally did it and started my own cleaning business. I incorporated the name, purchased insurance, made business cards and flyers. Now I want to get licensed. Where do I go and how much does it usually cost? I live in Illinois
    I don't think you need a Business License for a cleaning business, but to be on the safe side call the county/city organization and ask them... they are usually pretty helpful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Cleaning Business [ 10 Answers ]

I have started a new cleaning business. I have researched as many ways as I have knowledge to market my business. I have business cards, post cards sent to mailing lists, word of mouth, website, online yellow page ad and so on and so forth. I only have one client and can not figure what to do to...

Cleaning business [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to start a cleaning business. How do I get started? INS. BONDS, LICENSE ECT.

Cleaning business [ 2 Answers ]

It says that I have to file a "Federal Employee Identification Number" (FEIN). I have no Idea what this is and where to get one---Can you help?

Cleaning business [ 1 Answers ]

I to am getting ready to start my own cleaning business here in Ohio. In my area there are not a lot of bigger cleaning businesses, I do know that there are a few of the one or two person operations. None of which are listed in any local directory. So I know where I need to first start the...

Cleaning business [ 2 Answers ]

Im a young lady from nottingham and I want to start my own cleaning business asap but I don't have money. I have heard that you can start by just getting your cleaning products. Is this true? Could any 1 give me a number for any where that could help me? Please let me no bearring in mind I'm rom...

View more questions Search