Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarah11282 Posts: 54, Reputation: 7

Feb 9, 2006, 06:01 PM
    After children?
    After a women gives birth to a few children does she get "wider". I am just wondering. I am with a guy now, who is pretty small but that is not a problem at the moment anyway.
    But what would happen if we stayed together, and got married and had a few children? Would I become bigger down there? And after a few years have passed would I "shrink" back to how I am now.

Hope this questions is OK!!

Thanks for any answers!
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2006, 06:08 PM
    In my experience, there is a noticeable difference in women who have had children and those who have not. However, the difference seems to be deeper inside the woman that you may think, thus not affecting intercourse.

I don't know if this would be reversed, or shrink, over time. It seems to me that it would not.

Feb 9, 2006, 06:10 PM
    So you think that it would be closer to the womb area that the difference is in, and not really inside the vagina?
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2006, 06:15 PM
    Yes and forgive me for my lack of terminology knowledge, but I am thinking its more the cervix (?) that would be affected.

But know that I think about it, it would also depend on how you were built. If you were really tight, I would imagine that everywhere things will loosen up a bit. I don't know.

I can say that there IS a noticeable difference in women who HAVE had children and women who have NOT. I couldn't necessarily say it is a negative difference, though.

Feb 9, 2006, 06:19 PM
    OK. Its just something that I got thinking about today.also my friend had a baby last week, and she is worried about having intercouse with her boyf again.
    Have you any idea how long she should leave it? She doesn't really know, and she said that she really doesn't fancy feeling about down there either.
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2006, 06:27 PM
    How long she should leave it? Not sure I follow your question.

If your talking about how long to wait after the birth before having sex again, I think it was six weeks. I was with my former wife for a couple years and then we had a child. She was 20 at the time. We were together for a couple years after having our daughter, too. Tho we were a little less... experimental (for lack of a better word), the sex was still just as great. I really don't think she should worry about it.
    educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

Feb 9, 2006, 07:24 PM
    It is six weeks that the doctor recommends

When me and my wife had twins 16 months ago he told us that right after you give birth and are cleaning out you have a higher chance of become pregnant again don't remember why but that is what he said

He said you would be surprised how many new mothers come back in six weeks later and are pregnant again
    nero2 Posts: 51, Reputation: 0

Feb 9, 2006, 10:01 PM
    I think it will be wider because after getting birth to a few children the opening will be bigger. I think that it will shrink a little but not too much I think. That what I think.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2006, 10:35 PM
    A female is very adaptable. She will naturally be enlarged for a short time but by the time that you should have intercourse again you will be back to the size you are suppose to be. As you age you will get larger but that is more the lose of mussle tone and support in the walls than it is from childbirth. I have two kids... and both were over eight pounds... and she still is verry tight and during orgasm she can tighten so tight I can hardly do what I am suppose to do.
    nero2 Posts: 51, Reputation: 0

Feb 10, 2006, 12:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by letmetellu
    A female is very adaptable. She will naturally be enlarged for a short time but by the time that you should have intercourse again you will be back to the size you are suppose to be. As you age you will get larger but that is more the lose of mussle tone and support in the walls than it is from childbirth. I have two kids....and both were over eight pounds........and she still is verry tight and during orgasm she can tighten so tight I can hardly do what I am suppose to do.
    Oh I see. So u mean that it will contract back to the oringnal size is it ?
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Feb 10, 2006, 12:26 PM
    After birth the vaginal walls do get a little looser, it's the effect of having an eight pound bowling ball pass through your legs,lol! But remember The vagina isn't made of skin Its made of predominantly muscle so that it can strech and contract to allow a baby to pass through. If you ever seen how skin stretches to the point of capacity, you noticed you get stretch marks, usually through gaining weight too fast or pregnancy, and after you say have a baby the skin becomes looser than it was before and it doesn't always go back?
    Well the vagina isn't like that. Yes muscle can become looser but you can strenthen these muscles with kegal excersises. You squeeze the muscles that are the ones that keep you from peeing, like if you had too pee really bad and you "hold it' those are the muscles that streghten the vaginal walls.
    If you do these for a little while everyday they get stronger and less loose. Just like you would tone any other muscle of your body you can tone these muscles (in a sense) by doing kegals.
    Even if you don't do kegals, the vagina does contract back to its pre baby size after awhile, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 10, 2006, 02:03 PM
    My kids were 11 months apart and I didn't notice any changes from before the kid between kids or after the kids.That was 30 years ago and I still can't tell except now I'm to heavy to swing from the chandelier,they don't make them like they use to so I'd say don't worry about it and enjoy making more babies!:cool: :)
    Ernest carr Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Apr 22, 2006, 04:24 PM
    I was told by a female I dated once that had 2 children and was very tight that she would exercize her musscels ( the same ones that you use to hold back your pee ) a lot. That may be the answer.
    Jonegy Posts: 166, Reputation: 37

May 2, 2006, 06:09 PM
    Regarding the "wait" after giving birth.

My wife stayed in hospital 4 or 5 days after have a "Breach" delivery.

When I picked her and baby up from hospital the idiea was to show baby to the grandparents.

My wife had other ideas - took me home and dried me out!!

Pretyy damn sure she never asked for medical advise before hand either.
    Hypatia Posts: 163, Reputation: 27

May 2, 2006, 08:30 PM
    After asking a few of my mom friends we all had the same thing to say. After having two or more children, it does get bigger. Not talking canyon, but it is a possibility. The muscles stretch down there and can tear as well. To get things tightened u we all did the same thing, keggle, keggle, keggle. But in the end, we also all moved on to a larger, thicker or longer man.
    personally, I think if it is that big of a deal and you love this smaller membered man, have a C section. Many doctors allow you to plan your birth via C section if you are psychologicly opposed to natural birth. AKA scared as hell, whatever.
    But do know that after kids, often nothing will work to return your vagina back to its pre children tightness. Each time it loosens just a little to a bigger size and cannot be returned to a tighter size.
    So think hard about what you want. often after having 2 kids your sex life slackens off anyway and you have much less sex than before kids. And there is always more oral sex, toys and other ideas to do.

Hypatia
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

May 18, 2006, 06:33 PM
    Every woman is different but it is not at all unusual for a woman's hips to widen and for her to put on a significant amount of weight after having children. This is due to several factors, includiong hormonal changes and the widening that the hips must do in order to allow the child to pass through the birth canal.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

May 18, 2006, 09:31 PM
    I was not with my wife before she had her first child as a single mother.

I was with her before and after the second child.

She seems to feel that there was some change in the pelvic floor after the first child and that she is not as tight as she was before.

I can tell you I don't notice a difference from before or after the second child.

Also, kegel excercises can help. There's even this device called... something like a kegelmaster..?. you know how they have those hand excercisers that you squeeze to strengthen your hand grip... well its like that sortof to strengthen the muscles down there. Sounds silly... but I can tell you after the 2nd child she was worried about not being the same size... I thought she was as fine as before (but we waited a few months to let her completely heal)... but after she used that apparatus I noticed it immediately. The stupid thing actually worked.

Anyway... point was that my wife would say, yes, there can be some change. But it was not enough that she couldn't pleasure me or I couldn't pleasure her. And the kegels made a difference.

*** point added after post - and by the way, kegels practiced by guys can help with longevity as well
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

May 19, 2006, 07:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman

...I still can't tell except now I'm to heavy to swing from the chandelier,they don't make em like they use to...

this made me laugh out loud. Missed it the first time.

hmmmmm... didn't read anything about a chandelier in the book on tantric sex... must have missed that section. =)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No children [ 12 Answers ]

My daughter is getting married in May. We wish to have no children under 5 at the wedding, although we don't care about the reception. How can we convey that appropriately?

Children, Step-children, Niece: What a mess! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am in desperate need of clarity and advise. I am 41, mother of 2 daughters, 3 step-kids and 1 niece. My 2 daughters 18 and 15 live with me and my husband and so does my husbands niece, 15 also. My 3 step kids are all over 23 with their own places. My husbands niece has been thrown from...

Will we have more children? [ 5 Answers ]

My husband was diagnosed in 2004 with cancer. He went through about 8 months of treatment (chemo and radiation). I've read a lot about the type of chemo he was given and have found that one of the side effects is often infertility. We didn't have anytime to plan out what we were going to...

View more questions Search