Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    razor96 Posts: 87, Reputation: 8

Apr 4, 2008, 02:32 PM
    Mud and tape
    Any one know what to charge per square ft. for mud and taping a basement if all materials are supplied. No ceiling work, just walls and bulkheads. Thanks
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 4, 2008, 03:02 PM
    Depends on who you are, a pro or a guy doing it to make some cash on the side. The free lancer should charge less than $1 per running foot of seam.
    razor96 Posts: 87, Reputation: 8

Apr 4, 2008, 03:14 PM
    Thanks, I am a renovator with a lot of experience but normally I charge by the square ft. regardless of how much of the actual board you are taping. My price is usually aroun .89 cents a square ft bu, this is for a buddy so I want to give him a break. Any suggestion on how much a square ft.
    bmarigoni Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2008, 07:54 AM
    I am in Utah, and I just paid someone $200.00 per room, $100 per bathroom to finish my drywall. My rooms are about 10 x 12, and the bathroom is 5 x 12. I have around 2400 Square feet of wallboard, and it was $900.00. I felt like I got a good deal on that. The guy that did it had 23 years finishing experience.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 7, 2008, 11:34 AM
    Drywall bids are not normally done on the sq/ft basis. Drywall comes in different sizes and that affects the amount of taping as does doorways and types of ceiling treatments. If a customer is going with chrown molding I don't do much at the ceiling other than a first coat with tape.
    the1unv Posts: 285, Reputation: 31

Apr 7, 2008, 09:14 PM
    Drywall bids are generally always done on a square foot price. Labor prices should be around 30 cents a square foot. Cased openings are an additional $25.00 each. The price is always figured through all doors and windows. A wall 15' long x 8' high = 120 square feet.
    price is $36.00... this is labor only... does not matter if there is a window or door... if the wall has a closet in it... with a cased opening for a bi-fold door... then it would be $36.00 + $25.00 = $61.00 for that one wall. If the walls are to be textured... add at least .10 per square foot.
    Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Applying mud and tape [ 4 Answers ]

I hope this isn't a dumb question!! I'm going to use metal trim to create my rounded corners. Do I tape the seems between my ceiling and walls before I nail the metal corner trim in place? I hope the question makes sense. Thanks, Gregg

Mud Floor Showerpan [ 3 Answers ]

I am putting in a custom shower on an existing cement slab. I already have by drain stub up, what kind of morter can I use for the shower pan? Thanks Everyone.

Drywall Mud bubbles [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this forum, great tips and ideas from what I can see. I am applying Sheetrock 90 as my drywall mud, as I apply it tiny bubbles appear in the mud. The bubbles are forming, not being applied. Would this be a water quality issue when mixing the compound. I am doing my final...

Mud in the ear! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have 2 airedales, one of them has developed a pain in the ear! He has what I heard on a search for such problems as a muddy like substance in his left ear. I was able to gently q tip it out but its still stinky and it is very tender. I see no raw or abnormities on the ear flap. Did I read...

View more questions Search