Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    entje Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2006, 05:45 PM
    Can I still consider?
    :( Ok I have a question if when do you consider yourself a vergin? When you never had sex or when you vigina thear or sothing like that. Can you please tell me?

Is it a bad thing waitign to long to lose your verginity?
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2006, 06:04 PM
    Im not sure I entirely understand your question but...

A virgin is most commonly seen as a person who has not engaged in sexual intercourse. In a stricter sense, it is somebody who has not yet engaged in sexual activities (the wider this term is taken, the stricter the definition of virgin).

If you are asking about whether you would still be considered a virgin if your hyman has been broken ("when you vigina thear or sothing like that") but you have not engaged in any sexual activity, then yes, you are still a virgin. A girl's hyman can be broken by riding a horse and that does not take her virginity away.

For your second question, that is a matter of personal choice. If you don't feel it's a bad thing to wait, then its not. Many people choose to wait until marriage to lose their virginity.
    sarah11282 Posts: 54, Reputation: 7

Feb 9, 2006, 06:06 PM
    As far as I know you remain a virgin until the first time you have sexual intercourse, and a penis is inside you.

And it is def not a bad thing to wait to lose your virginity. I think you should wait until you feel ready to do it.

If you have to question if you ready to have sex, then that probably means that you are not ready!
    nero2 Posts: 51, Reputation: 0

Feb 9, 2006, 10:09 PM
    You are not a virgin when u have sexual intercourse. I also heard before if u do some extreme streching or some sport like running and etc it will break your hymen and this is say by expert. I hope this answers to yr question.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2006, 11:02 PM
    In the real world a female is considered a virgin until she has intercourse and a penis is inserted.
    In an older time you would have not been considered a virgin if you had had anything inserted into your vagina, whether that be a finger or a toy.
    There is not positive way for a girl to prove she is a virgin, a girl can lose her hyman in many ways. And some girls do not have a hyman thick enough to even know when it is broken. At one time the bleeding from the first intercourse was the proof that the man wanted to prove that his bride was aa virgin. They should have had the same kind of test for the male, not many would have passed the test.

As far as to when you should give up your virginity that is strictly up to you.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2006, 08:18 AM
    Hi, entje,
    As for your question about if you should wait to have sex and for how long, please wait for a long time!
    Don't have sex unless you are in a very serious relationship, maybe at age 20 or so. Reason I am saying this is due to statistics:
    4 out of every 10 girls in the United States are pregnant before they are 20 years old!
    Not to mention sexual diseases, that is almost 1/2 of all girls!
    Wait as long as you can, but the decision is up to you. There is absolutely nothing wrong in being a virgin throughout your teen years. I do wish you the best.
    giggles Posts: 143, Reputation: 27

Feb 10, 2006, 10:29 AM
    This is what I meant to write in the disagreement in nero2s post. I disagreed cause it was untrue information.
    You can't "break your virginity" by doing sport.You can break your hymen.This is a piece of skin surrounding the entrance to the vagina, and if it tears during sport,it doesn't mean your not a virgin.u are a virgin till you have penetrative sex.
    nero2 Posts: 51, Reputation: 0

Feb 10, 2006, 07:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles
    This is what i meant to write in the disagreement in nero2s post. i disagreed cause it was untrue information.
    you can't "break your virginity" by doing sport.You can break your hymen.This is a piece of skin surrounding the entrance to the vagina, and if it tears during sport,it doesn't mean ur not a virgin.u are a virgin till you have penetrative sex.
    Sorry, may be I did not explain properly. Yes, I mean will break your hymen not yr viginity. Thank for reminding me ( GIGGLES )
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2006, 12:09 AM
    It is defiantly better to wait for that special someone that you plan on spending the rest of your life with. I was 27 years old when I lost mine.
    jmidd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 02:22 AM
    Comment on fredg's post
    I definitely thought this was helpful. Giving her statistics was so smart. Anyway this person is GREAT!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search